QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we have picked up injuries while conserving energy and game managing or rotating. If we keep on thinking this way the season could be over in the blink of an eye and we can rest as many players as we like until the FA cup final.

We have a maximum of eleven games left if we stay in the champions league all the way and if we do we have two weeks rest before the final of it. We have to play our strongest side in every game from now on in. If we lose any from now or even draw the next three games we are out of the champions league and the title race. What happened to getting teams blown away early and then subbing/resting players?

For a manager who preaches that football is about bravery he lacked some of it himself last night. It was also ludicrous to fetch on key players so late in the game they may have well have stayed sat on the bench. Last night like at Anfield last season he went against his beliefs, changed the system and team and as a result got beaten. Thankfully unlike last season last night isn't a lost cause.

As someone else pointed out though the tinkering and resting of players mean we have to play full strength teams now at Palace and Spurs at home and go full throttle in both games. There are no second chances from here in, play our best eleven and go for it!

The thing is we have picked up injuries while conserving energy and game managing or rotating. If we keep on thinking this way the season could be over in the blink of an eye and we can rest as many players as we like until the FA cup final.

We have a maximum of eleven games left if we stay in the champions league all the way and if we do we have two weeks rest before the final of it. We have to play our strongest side in every game from now on in. If we lose any from now or even draw the next three games we are out of the champions league and the title race. What happened to getting teams blown away early and then subbing/resting players?

For a manager who preaches that football is about bravery he lacked some of it himself last night. It was also ludicrous to fetch on key players so late in the game they may have well have stayed sat on the bench. Last night like at Anfield last season he went against his beliefs, changed the system and team and as a result got beaten. Thankfully unlike last season last night isn't a lost cause.

As someone else pointed out though the tinkering and resting of players mean we have to play full strength teams now at Palace and Spurs at home and go full throttle in both games. There are no second chances from here in, play our best eleven and go for it!

Look at it another way. We could have played the big guns last night and still not gotten a result. Three critical games in a short space of time, we couldn't afford to play them all in all three risking injuries / fatigue. Nothing wrong with the selection last night in my mind and had the pen gone in, I think that starting 11 would have gone on to score again. I do concede the lateness of the subs was strange, but I suspect pep saw an opportunity as spurs were flagging

Ive read about 25 pages on here regarding last nights game, all differing opinions but one thing is for certain, last nights game has gone its finished. So we have to get behind the team next Wednesday, City are more than capable of winning 2 nil or 3-1, I think we will beat Palace 1-0. Pep tried something different, Serg missed a pen lets move on.

just before they scored we were dominating the game got on top for the first time ,sadly we let a sloppy goal in and that gave spurs an extra % to see it through, think pep has played the long game here get a win against palace (won't be easy ) and i expect to beat spurs quite comfortably in the return leg

The media all love to try and see Ferni get a ban, but the grabbing of the face and blatant hand off of Ferni didn’t even get a foul. He might as well have just walked up and punched him. Conveniently this doesn’t feature in ANY of BT post match analysis.

As for Kane. Serves him right he dirty cnut. He nearly broke Razzas leg with this.
fbf0283ff2b82d87741757a07f020d13.jpg

The UK media golden boy isn’t allowed to do anything wrong, but if a player goes near him it’s a foul.

We were 13 games unbeaten, A loss was imminent we can't afford to lose in the PL, lost yesterday and we can still make up for it.

We’ll only know if that team selection was right at about 4pm on Sunday

Or at about 10pm a week today.

It seemed to me that our approach to the game and the selection was hugely influenced by the first half at anfield 12 months ago. We played with a degree of restraint that suggested that a priority was to avoid a repeat of that first half nightmare.

If say Barca or Bayern in their prime had suffered a 1-0 defeat against this Spurs team I would be expecting them to go through in the 2nd leg fairly comfortably. The 2nd leg will be tricky, we wouldn't feel safe until 3 up, but if we're as good as I like to think we are, we should pass this test.

It's 1-0 at half time with the second leg at our place, stop panicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.