1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

Spurs are far better than bang average and nobody should be saying that you are. I get that fans will always show a bit of bias but calling Spurs bang average goes beyond the usual bias for me.

It will be a tough ask turning this round tonight but for once I'm not that nervous and just looking forward to what should be a great game and getting behind the team.
At elite level they are. Would you say that Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags are far better than bang average ? I wouldn't and you can throw a blanket over em they're so close in the league so therefore Spurs are.

At elite level they are. Would you say that Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags are far better than bang average ? I wouldn't and you can throw a blanket over em they're so close in the league so therefore Spurs are.

Bang average for me means mid-table at best. They're better than that and it smacks of arrogance to say that they're bang average....especially as we trail them 1-0 from the first leg

Im waiting for the Sky reports on City having sold out their allocations for every remaining (currently) match and what fantastic fans they are.
I won't hold my breath.
They've questioned our loyalty (how fucking dare they knowing where we've come from) - we've answered it.
They've questioned our passion - I suggest that answer will come later and we won't be found wanting.
I'll be hoarse tomorrow as will many I suspect and the little ol Emptihad will be fucking rocking tonight boys & girls.

Why would Sly Sports News do that?

It would ruin their on-going narrative, and United and Liverpool fans would turn their TV’s off in droves.

Better to keep on feeding Sky’s subscription masses the news about City they want to hear and see.

Bang average for me means mid-table at best. They're better than that and it smacks of arrogance to say that they're bang average....especially as we trail them 1-0 from the first leg

My only concern is that they are more than capable of scoring at least 1(breakaway) goal.

If we can score an early goal Spurs will have to come out to win the tie. The longer they hold on to their 1-0 lead, the longer they will settle for a 1-0 win. That scenario will frustrate our players and the crowd. We will end up chasing the game and leaving gaps for Spurs to catch us on the break, just like Liverpool last season in the 2nd half. An early goal will settle nerves, and also get the stadium rocking even more.

Me and the boys are bringing a couple of drums and a sax tonight. Hopefully everyone will get behind us.
and a sax tonight. Hopefully everyone will get behind us.
Hope that,s not a misprint..
2z6gp5f.gif

So much more nervous about tonight knowing that its Ajax next and not Juve. We might never have a better chance of getting to a CL final.

But nervousness for me turns in to standing up all game, singing even louder and pushing our boys on! We can feckin do this!!
I agree with this. I'm buzzing that we have a shot at a Semi-Final against AJAX (we would have snapped anyone's hand off to have a KO round draw of Shalke, Spurs and AJAX). It puts the pressure on because we'll never get a better chance to get to the Champions League final and we definitely won't get a better shot at the Quadruple!

Tonight is HUGE!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.