Var debate 2019/20

dídnt take any time to rule out raheem's goal..no mucking around re-watching it then.

They only let the Ref look at videos that are subjective apparently, which means the VAR booth boys thought it was an obvious offside..........hmmmmm

I've looked at it about 100 times and I'm not sure either way, but the way the VAR rules are worked by UEFA if the booth boys think it's offside then offside it is. I'm not sure that is a very good system TBH!

There are clearly visible replays which shows he hits the ball with his arm first.

In the laws of the game that’s a goal.

He didn’t score with his hand, he scored with his hip. It touched him arm before his hip but it wasn’t hand ball.

VAR got it right let’s be honest.
Laporte fucked up for all 3 of the goals
That was where we lost it not VAR
By the way I like Laporte he’s been one of our best players this season but bad night tonight

Nope. The refs are saying if he scores the goal with his hand, deliberately or not, it's not a goal. But are also saying he has not scored the ball with his hand. It maybe or probably touched his hand, but very slightly and that touch didn't send the ball to the goal. It was the slightest of the touches that didn't change anything in the outcome of where the ball ended. That's the difference some of you don't want to see.

Bollocks! The Twitter video at the bottom of page 4 clearly shows the significant deflection off his arm - if it hadn't hit his arm, it wouldn't have hit his hip, so I don't know what you are going on about!

VAR got it right let’s be honest.
Laporte fucked up for all 3 of the goals
That was where we lost it not VAR
By the way I like Laporte he’s been one of our best players this season but bad night tonight
His worst game for us by a distance!

Var was supposed to be for clear and obvious mistakes. No one thought our goal was offside, VAR officials are re referring the game, its bollocks, I knew after the World Cup last year when there seemed to be a penalty in every game that Var would be abused and it was the thin end of the wedge. It will ruin our game, I know it was offside to the letter of the law but the interpretation is open to all kinds of abuse.

D4YwXioXkAEOkz1.jpg
Where’s this from?

May have already been mentioned but, my feeling is the call was dodgy/incorrect. Eriksen plays the ball against Bernardo. Bernardo didn't "play the ball". So Eriksen played the backpass and it takes a deflection off Bernardo on its way to Aguero. So the pass is played by Eriksen from which Aguero can't be offside. It shouldn't be relevant that it deflected off another attacking player unless he deliberately intended to play the ball, which I don't believe Bernardo did from the footage.

The goal should not have been overturned and we should not have been denied that dream moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.