Var debate 2019/20

It's not working. It's because they know the review process takes too long.

what would people's feelings be about eh extended time in comparrison to the wrong/correct decisions being made....I know id personally like to see it....regardless if it takes a couple of minutes extra

what would people's feelings be about eh extended time in comparrison to the wrong/correct decisions being made....I know id personally like to see it....regardless if it takes a couple of minutes extra

I'd take it for a fair decision, but if it takes that long it isn't clear and obvious

wouldn't be happy with that obviously, but that's not the point is it. If VAR was used "fairly" in the manner it was originally sold to us, then we wouldn't have a 600 page thread 3 weeks into the season
I agree, and i was being sarcastic regarding the time it took to still come up with a fictitious decision.

The point is, you don't need to fix every game. Liverpool will beat a majority of teams this season; as will City. If there is a gap between the teams at the top, as long as they both keep winning there will be no need to manipulate the results as long as your favoured team remains at the top.

If Liverpool are comfortably winning by 3 goals with 10 minutes to go, I could easily imagine them getting a VAR shocker against them, just to prove decisions 'even themselves out' over the season. Conversely, if they are loosing/drawing with 5 minutes to go, the odd's of them getting one in their favour will be astronomically high.

We were drawing with Spurs, but VAR was used to chalk off a legitimate goal (the correct interpretation of the handball new rule) in the last few minutes of the game, thus opening up a 2 point gap with only 3 games gone. The fact we didn't take our chances is beside the point. VAR had an opportunity to manipulate the result, and it appears they took it.

I get the points you re making but for me its just too much of a conspiracy theory .....i for one dont believe that whoever is in charge want to fix the league for Liverpool to win it...its paranoia in my opinion driven by obsession, desperation and mostly fear

I'd take it for a fair decision, but if it takes that long it isn't clear and obvious

but from the pitch side it isnt as always clear and obvious as it is on a tv screen with a monitor.....

at real speed the david silva one might not have been as obvious BUT with the replay its totally clear.....in real time i didnt see the defenders foot land on toop of Silvas but on the replay you can see it.....giving the refs the clearance to go and double check their own deision puts the power/control into there hands with the added assurance of being able to check themselves - they can still look at it and make the same decision or change their decision....

I belive there is a fear amongst ref's and those in charge that they dont want to appear to have made mistakes -when actually this will just empower them

but from the pitch side it isnt as always clear and obvious as it is on a tv screen with a monitor.....

Thats the point i'm making, VAR caravan spots clear and obvious error on their telly, 5 seconds, tells ref, jogs over to pitchside montor 20 seconds, reviews it On the telly 5 seconds

I get the points you re making but for me its just too much of a conspiracy theory .....i for one dont believe that whoever is in charge want to fix the league for Liverpool to win it...its paranoia in my opinion driven by obsession, desperation and mostly fear
So it’s fear because we can see that City are refereed differently, surely you’re not denying that ?

Are you aware of Scudamore's comments a few seasons back?

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2016/08/11/International-Football/Scudamore.aspx

I wonder if his 'strategic plan' included VAR?

The only fear I have is that legitimate results are being eroded by manipulative suits in order to market their 'product' to a wider audience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.