Var debate 2019/20

Can anyone point me in the direction of this directive after the Otamendi goal that states all handballs from now will be penalised?

There’s plenty of articles from IFAB about how the rule change comes into effect from next season where it doesn’t have to be deliberate but i think unfortunately the goal should have stood even if all angles were shown.

It wasn’t deliberate, his arms weren’t outstretched or making himself bigger. Yes the annoying thing is if it doesn’t hit his elbow it properly doesn’t go in but I think it has to stand.

I take it you`ve never played the game otherwise you`d realise that its impossible to even think about your stupid claim in a micro second.It hit his hip but dont let Citys shit defending get in the way of excuses,thats what lost us the match.
I`ll glady meet and you can call me a coward to my face you key board warrior.
We have all seen it, even the anti City press are showing the angle now that the referee didn’t get to see which clearly shows the ball hit his arm. The prove is there but you’re so fucking stubborn you refuse to see it.

You are a coward, refusing to answer a question because you know it makes your point look stupid is cowardly. As for the “micro second” comment which in itself is absolute bollocks because the ball came across without a deflection from a corner. Why didn’t you use that opinion when it was Otamendi, oh yes because it doesn’t suit your narrative. Double standards. If you can’t take a comment that’s been backed up online without throwing a hissy fit, then to be fair I hardly think you’re in a position to be calling someone out, although you do like these double standards.

The ball goes into the net off his arm. Of course it should have been disallowed.
And as for our 5th goal, if that’s Liverpool or United, it wouldn’t even have gone to VAR.
It doesn’t. It goes into the net off his hip, after hitting his arm first. But it wasn’t hand ball

The photos in the media clearly show the offside before the ball has even made contact with Bernardo, full in the knowledge that’s not the rule and it’s when the ball is released, however that would show Sergio level at worst.

Apparently not, that's from next season.

Yes, although even that description is inaccurate - I don't think that line in quotations is going to be what the law says (happy to be corrected, and can't look it up right now).

The closest thing next year is including of ball striking hand in scoring or direct build-up meaning that a goal would be ruled out.
I assume the direct build-up part is such as this incident, rather than a few seconds beforehand.

We had a VAR decision at their place and Sergio missed it.

We have to ask why are we conceding 3 goals at home and why are we not scoring a single goal away from home?

We just didn't do enough in this tie and Spurs did and that is why we aren't through.

Conceding 2 goals within 3 minutes of us scoring the goal that levelled the game was absolutely schoolboy football. It then meant we had to go at the game like a rabid dog. It almost worked but I can only imagine the level of energy that effort took out of the lads. It was fantastic to watch and Spurs gave it a go which often makes us look sloppy and vulnerable when teams come at us. I don’t know why more teams don’t try it as that is definitely our weakness.

A top effort but when we look back, it wasn’t a typical city performance full of patience and possession. It was a frantic game of attack and defence brought on my 3 minutes of madness.

Great game to watch though. Top effort from both sides. I don’t mind Spurs too much. They do try to play football and it makes a refreshing change to see that when we have to watch these boring parked bus games every week.

The photos in the media clearly show the offside before the ball has even made contact with Bernardo, full in the knowledge that’s not the rule and it’s when the ball is released, however that would show Sergio level at worst.

I've seen a graphic where he is level. Just how 'level' you have to be is another element that allows VAR, Uefa, FICKFUFA et al, to manipulate outcomes and results. It seems to me that even with the application of VAR in CL and PL stadia for the FArce Cup some players are deemed more level than others!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.