Spurs H Post Match

May be we can look at Spurs goalie Gazziniaga as potential bravo replacement, decent distribution throughout and not a bad stopper. He is 27 with contract till 2022.

Like when he passed it out for a corner!

He showed absolutely nothing to suggest that he is better than Muric.

Great spirit from our lads today , and dug in when required , our centre back pairing were torn a part too many times with one through ball , that needs to be addressed on another day we could have conceded four goals in the 1st half , thats worrying. Loved Fodens's celebration when he thumps the badge ,we know its from the heart , would start him against the Rags he wouldnt need an ounce of motivation to stuff them.
In order to challenge on four fronts we need squad rotation with strength in depth. This works well in attack and midfield, the problem is centre back pairing needs a deep level of understanding that only results will n consistently playing together.

You have to stop the long pass at source whenever possible: if it is played accurately to a fast skillful player, it's going to cause problems to a high defensive line. That wasn't the only issue but we are always at risk of offering up some space to opponents when we send so many player forward so often. There was one point that stood out for me though where our players were not quite in the right positions defensively, I think their three at the back possibly was a factor at that moment - not watched recording of game but I think it was when Eriksen got in in first half.
Ball worked into him from the Spurs right flank, IIRC. To be fair it was a very good move. And of Eriksen had gone down, it was a penalty as Eric had hold of his arm.

Ball worked into him from the Spurs right flank, IIRC. To be fair it was a very good move. And of Eriksen had gone down, it was a penalty as Eric had hold of his arm.

You do recall correctly and there was too much space but I think it was earlier in the build to it that I noticed too many players marking thin air.

Heart was in mouth over Eric's "challenge".

What’s with the bull shit reviews on this game in the media. It’s seriously pissed me off.

MOTD made it out to be a close game & missed plenty of city action out. We totally dominated the game. The only chances they created was due to silly mistakes in defence.

All over the press today - nervous Etihad! Bollocks the place was great, yes tense at times but we have had much more nervous games. The fans have been great these last few games.

We have outplayed spurs in the three games, they have had incredible luck to go with some crazy defending by us. Saying that I would say spurs are probably the best team we have played this season.

I suppose I need to get ready to hear how the milky bar kid from across the way is going to stop pep this week.

Hope pep & this great team shove the prem league & fa cup down everybody’s throats.

We deserve both trophies we have played incredible football with many injuries to big players.

Right off to eat my Easter egg! Rant over.

Cmon city

May be we can look at Spurs goalie Gazziniaga as potential bravo replacement, decent distribution throughout and not a bad stopper. He is 27 with contract till 2022.

Eh? He hoofed it out of play on 3 occasions, tried to play out from the back and conceded a corner, and on another occasion, failed to catch a floated through ball and gave us another corner!

I am one of the Metrolink's biggest critics but - suprise, surprise, it worked like clockwork yesterday.
  • Drove to Navigation Road Metrolink Station got there at 10:35 and loads of room in the car park.
  • Waited 2 minutes for a Piccadilly tram and got a seat, got off at Cornbrook.
  • A 4 minute wait for the Ashton tram and yet again a seat, walked to the chippy across from the south stand and was served within 2 minutes.
  • Stayed until the final whistle and walked from the South stand straight through the queuing system and ticket booth and on to the platform.
  • A 5 minute wait for a tram back to Piccadilly station, had to stand on this one.
  • A 4 minute wait for the Altrincham tram and yet again another seat.
  • Drove back home from Navigation road in time to see the last 10 minutes of the first half of the West Ham game.
So all in all a brilliant day, come on you Blues.

Lucky you. I was probably 20 minutes behind you timewise leaving Altrincham at 10:55. That part of the journey was okay until we got to Cornbrook when it was as described. Coming back I was amazed there was still so many people waiting for the tram at 15:45 a good 90 minutes after the game. I guest some stayed for a beer. I went to City square, watched some interviews and then waited an hour to be served in the souvenir shop before leaving for home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.