Manchester United (A) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If KDB was fit, I would be confident, but now he's injured its a real 50/50. They are a wounded animal and no matter what form they are in its Derby day and anything can happen...for example like we won 2-1 when we had Benjani upfront.

We had a few results in derbys at OT when we were shit, we drew 1-1 when relegated in 2001, another 1-1 when we were back there in 2003. We also had draws in 2004 & 2005. These were not vintage city teams by any stretch.

I’m fairly confident ahead of the game tonight due to the fact united are not a pressing side and their midfield is fairly average.

If pep plays our workers in midfield and has bernardo, foden and Fernandinho then I honestly think united won’t be able to handle it. Pogba, Matic and Fred can be tidy players but they don’t have an abundance of energy.

A 3 up top of sane, Sterling and Agüero on form and in the mood would be unplayable too. We need to exploit united weakness and really go for the balls straight away, squeeze them hard and see united succumb!

My fear is though that Fernandinho is still carrying an injury and that Pep would sooner bring David Silva or Mahrez back in before he gives Sane a chance.

Hate this fixture more than any other, how anyone can enjoy derby games is beyond me, even 3-0 up and i expect the worst, lol, this goes tits up tonight im moving to syria as be better than living in Scouse and Rag infested Chester, be unbearable

Tbf you wouldn't be short of work in your trade over there.

We had a few results in derbys at OT when we were shit, we drew 1-1 when relegated in 2001, another 1-1 when we were back there in 2003. We also had draws in 2004 & 2005. These were not vintage city teams by any stretch.

Exactly, and they'll sit back and let us have the ball and adopt a similar to style to how Spurs and Palace played... they've had a huge backlash from the media ex players, so this wont be an easy game.

PROS:
They need points.
They're under pressure to react after Everton.
They've lost 3 of the last 5 in the league.
They're poor defensively (only team in top 10 who've conceded more are Watford).
We are have scored 87 and are awesome.

CONS:
Derby Game unpredictability.
City need a win.

We should win, I am quietly confident. An early goal will settle us and hopefully we can build from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.