United (A) Post Match Thread

Wtf is Giggs on about? ‘Pep only needed to do a bit of tinkering when he came in’

He cleared out a host of old players. It was more than a tinkering. They love to downplay how shit the Rags are now. Clutching at any straw and excuse.
Players that are still here from when Guardiola came in.
Vinny
Dinho
Delph
Silva
Kev
Agüero
Sterling

Players that weren't here
Ederson
Bravo
Zin
Danny Lowe
Walker
Mendy
Gundogan
Bernardo
Foden (promoted)
Jesus
Sané
Mahrez

Fernandinho going off allowed us to play the ball through the middle, our wingers were isolated and united came through the middle. The diamond of Gundogan Silva and Bernardo counter attacked that nullifying united, we played more through the middle and this then created space on the wings. After that United weren’t in it.

It certainly made a huge difference. Our central midfield group were utterly awful I thought offensively in the first half, but that change made a big difference. I've never been fully sold on Gundogan (though appreciate his overall endeavour and quality to some degree), but he looked comfortable enough tonight deeper once Ferny went off.

Assuming Fernandhino is fit for Sunday, I'd start Sane instead of D Silva though and play more to the style of how we lined up after Fernandhino went off, just with Gundogan replacing DS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.