FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

We're looking to stay somewhere not too far away from Wembley after the match. I stuck a pin in a map and came up with Ruislip. Has anybody got any idea what it's like there? The hotel we've been looking at seems ok so we don't need to go into the town at night if it's a rough place. The tube goes to Wembley Park station which is our side on the day, I think
Stayed at the Ramada when we played Arsenal in the CS. Clean, basic, free car park and the pub next door is where Del did the famous falling in the bar scene.

If you fancy a pint pre game it's a 15 min walk to Wealdstone where loads of blues will be (direct tube from there to Wembley)

Isn't it a bit farcical that virtually all clubs reduce prices throughout all rounds to ensure fans can support a cup run, only then for the FA to make it prohibitively expensive for fans of the finalists to attend.

I like many others have taken the decision to say enough is enough and I will simply watch at home, and after doing the 3 previous visits already this season I will be both refreshed and financially better off for doing so.

Not if you paid £45

Plus, why is it pointless, you still telling them they are twats.

Maybe the wording needs changing
I said £110 because that was in the OP not £45. Why tell someone to f#(k themselves after paying ? I thought the protocol was you told someone where to go and didn't pay. Btw I agree with the posters sentiment, the prices are scandalous for some seats.

Stayed at the Ramada when we played Arsenal in the CS. Clean, basic, free car park and the pub next door is where Del did the famous falling in the bar scene.

If you fancy a pint pre game it's a 15 min walk to Wealdstone where loads of blues will be (direct tube from there to Wembley)

Had a bit of bother finding somewhere to stay but we've booked the London Edgeware Premier Inn. We'll definitely be at Wealdstone before the game

Isn't it a bit farcical that virtually all clubs reduce prices throughout all rounds to ensure fans can support a cup run, only then for the FA to make it prohibitively expensive for fans of the finalists to attend.

I like many others have taken the decision to say enough is enough and I will simply watch at home, and after doing the 3 previous visits already this season I will be both refreshed and financially better off for doing so.

It's like the price the corporates and hospitality pay at The Etihad - it keeps prices down. The ticket prices for an FArce Cup are set a wee bit on the high side so that the 'FA football family' can get in for nowt!

I pray we go there as Champions and in the hunt for the Treble.

I just looked at our record in the FA Cup. It's not great. According to wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_Finals#Results_by_team we have won it 5 times and have 10 Final appearances. I assume they have not included this one in those 10 appearances. In contrast Arsenal have won it 13 times from 20 final appearances. Utd also have 20 final appearances but have won it 12 times.

Slightly surprising for me was that Villa have won it 7 times but they haven't won it in my lifetime.

I pray we go there as Champions and in the hunt for the Treble.

I just looked at our record in the FA Cup. It's not great. According to wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Cup_Finals#Results_by_team we have won it 5 times and have 10 Final appearances. I assume they have not included this one in those 10 appearances. In contrast Arsenal have won it 13 times from 20 final appearances. Utd also have 20 final appearances but have won it 12 times.

Slightly surprising for me was that Villa have won it 7 times but they haven't won it in my lifetime.

50/50 in a Cup Final is pretty decent and if we win in May it won’t be that much different than Utd’s own record in terms of %. Something like 54% vs 60% success rate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.