FA Youth Cup Final 25th April - Lost 5-3 on penalties

Diounkou is fast, good in the tackle and a bit of a unit. He I think is the nearest to the 1st team with good grace on his side but still, 18 months off unless its a cup game against a lower league team.
He was absolutely shocking vs Lyon in the UEFA Youth League, looks like a completely different player 6-7 months later. His progress this season is remarkable. As you say, he`s a quite big and physical lad. Either him or Frimpong should be able to challenge Walker in a couple years

Can't believe some people openly slate these lads, they are 17 year old fucking kids!! On the biggest night of their lives so far. There's so many different factors to consider with lads their age, regarding their development. Some will make it that you don't expect, others will fade away. From what I saw, they played some really good football and were unlucky not to get the result, especially with the blatant handball in extra time. Down to the staff now to mentor these lads and make sure the defeat doesn't get them down for too long; especially the keeper and the lad who missed the pen.

Unlucky in the penalty shoot out.
Blatant hand ball not given in extra time, not sure what the ref was thinking but it was an easy one, clearly lifted his arm up in a stop Police fashion and blocked the chip into the box, fucking nailed on penalty - just waved it away. Some good performances too, completely bossed the first half and passed them off the pitch. Their goal was a speculative long ranger the keeper Moulden completely misjudged, bit unlucky really.
They'll be gutted today as it was there for them, losing 4 finals in 5 years is tough to take. I watched the recent Chelsea one at the Academy when Hudson Odoi played and was outstanding, we were no match for them, men v boys but last night we were by far the better footballing side.

The reaction from the ref on handball means this is meaningless match .

Moulden was close to saving the first, and got a hand on another, a bit unlucky, and there was a nailed on penalty not given for handball.

Didn't get a clear enough look at the pen. But there was sufficient call from those behind the goal and those City players in close proximity! It's the kind of shout that at that time of the game the ref is gonna fill his head with as much doubt as he needs!! I'd bet a pound to a penny we get on the shitty end of those calls if it's in our area!

Had that ref ever refereed before?. Some of the challenges he let go were very poor, and that handball he didn't give in extra time lol. That scouse defender just failed to hold the ball, absolutely blatant.

Can't believe some people openly slate these lads, they are 17 year old fucking kids!! On the biggest night of their lives so far. There's so many different factors to consider with lads their age, regarding their development. Some will make it that you don't expect, others will fade away. From what I saw, they played some really good football and were unlucky not to get the result, especially with the blatant handball in extra time. Down to the staff now to mentor these lads and make sure the defeat doesn't get them down for too long; especially the keeper and the lad who missed the pen.
Feel worse for the lads every time I see it — the ref was looking right at it and either bottled it or specifically didn’t want to give us a clear chance of winning the match. Either way, it kept Liverpool in it, which is a very familiar occurrence at all levels of the game these days.

As @twosips said, one of the clearest handballs you’ll ever see. It was Saurez-esque, which I suppose is fitting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.