FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

Fuck me; I actually got a ticket through the OS. never thought it would get down to Cityzen matchday members. Happy days!

LtdAIaa.gif

I know its a right pain, but, only if we knew what was going to happen tomorrow!!!!!

A few Watford fans are flapping online about them not selling out their allocation, so we may also be receiving some of their tickets. I think they're setting up a big screen in Watford town centre showing the game, so that may affect some ticket sales for non-regular fans.

City take over Wembley.

I manipulated the City end to grey it out. You can see we now have the majority of Wembley...especially when you consider that the grey seats on the half-way line are neutral.

fVFiV12.jpg

Within each block though the FA have seats they try and distribute. It's unfortunate. You acted on the information you had at the time. City perhaps knew that there were more tickets in the pipeline but if they had said so it would have stopped the sales process. Would have helped you though.

I reckon City's communication is quite poor. They could explain the process a lot clearer, and even now I suspect that there are 'Cityzens' completely unaware that the last of the tickets are being sold today because City just updated an old news story rather than put out a new story, but that's the City web-site for you. It's really not very good. I think they should do it in-house rather than rely on a commercial partner.

There's no way City would have known these were coming. I only filled out my form for the FA last week. Until the FA have those back they won't know how many tickets are being taken up.

A few Watford fans are flapping online about them not selling out their allocation, so we may also be receiving some of their tickets. I think they're setting up a big screen in Watford town centre showing the game, so that may affect some ticket sales for non-regular fans.

We won't get their ticketds because they are in their "end". The only time that happens is when the club stage the selling, like Wigan did.

See the image I just posted. We have more than half of Wembley. And then there's 20,000 in Level 2 which will be predominantly City

Edit: Perhaps the image is misleading. It maybe that the central blocks like 527 have City and Watford in them?

To be fair to the club when I rang to ask to change my ticket they were extremely professional (as always with the ticket office I've found) and explained the policy to me and let's face it how many of us if we had 28,000 seats to sort out, even with a full staff, would find it difficult. The lad I spoke to said they had been processed and were ready for posting and again I can understand that, I'd ordered first day but hadn't been able to get the area I wanted because I couldn't get to order as I had a full day meeting (couldn't get online as no signal at lunchtime). If there is a type of automated system then it would be feasible and reasonable.

It's a shame but that is life I guess. At least I have a ticket. I'm sorry for all the folks who are having to pay top prices (I did by choice) and the FA want shooting for the hike in prices and for their lack of consideration for ALL fans not just ours. They are not fit for purpose but it is NOT City's fault as others have said.

@squirtyflower I can understand your frustration when you rang half an hour after, with me it was days so I didn't really expect to get it but felt I had to try. Sorry.

Come on City, the Boys in Blue never give in, they fight to the end. :-)

Last edited:
To make me even more pissed off now i'm getting flak from my bloody sister! She's moaning why did i not tell her to get a citycard, i pointed out cos she just uses mine if i'm ill. But she's moaning she could've gone to the final and been only seats away from me and mum! :(

Don't suppose you're allowed to buy a membership today while buying the final ticket?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.