Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we're looking at Alderweireld as his replacement. Steal at £25m and will bring in that level of experience that we'll lose with Otamendi. I'll be genuinely disappointed if he isn't one of our top choices and we go and spunk £50m on someone who isn't as good (which we'll probably end up doing).

He must back himself to get in ahead of Stones, so I don't necessarily think a player as good as him should be concerned about game time.

'll be genuinely disappointed if he isn't one of our top choices and we go and spunk £50m on someone who isn't as good (which we'll probably end up doing).

Right on. Maybe if our transfer policy wasn't so terrible we'd still be on to win the quadruple instead of the measly domestic treble.

If Otamendi wants to go back to Valencia, then let him. He’s done more than enough in his time here to deserve any move that suits him, just like if/when Aguero leaves it’ll be back to Argentina.

I’ll put the tin foil hat on but the reasoning behind it is purely as a bargaining chip when bringing players in, knowing if hey want to leave at any time we won’t ever stop them. It builds trust.

Right on. Maybe if our transfer policy wasn't so terrible we'd still be on to win the quadruple instead of the measly domestic treble.

Just because we've had success, doesn't mean we haven't also made bad decisions. See the £60m purchase of Mahrez last season.

Alderweireld is comfortably one of the best in the league and a top 10 CB in Europe. At the price he's going for, the only other CB I'd take over him would be De Ligt.

Danilo, sane, otamendi, gundogen, are looking for a move. If good offers come they will surely go. sane because bayern are looping around and they wants to make him their poster boy with regular football and with a chance of going to home land. That too with his best friend gundogen leaving. His mom has been turning around his head.
So that leads us needing an amf, cb, 2 dmf. If gundo leaves foden gets more chances. May be because of foden gundo is keen for a move as him playing will limit his game times.
Alderweid is the best choice to replace otamendy. He will be relatively cheap. Expensive dmf and lb
recently we are hearing news that city are content with 2 left backs. They again are ready to give mendy a chance. That development is because there might be more important issues to be solved. May be a sane situation or/plus otamendis situation. or may be danilos replacement. going players contribute a penny while coming players need millions. Its difficult to access from outside. So Alderweired would be a very good option.
Who am i to say. Club management knows more than me.

Otamendi has been excellent for us over the past two seasons (last in particular) and I've been impressed both by his stepping up his game when Pep arrived and for his professionalism over not playing much this year. That said, I'm in favor oh him moving on for a new centerback just for squad refresh purposes. After the run we've had the last two years I feel strongly that you need to bring in a few fresh faces or else you risk the team losing it's edge, and he's a good candidate for it. Been a great servant to the club.

I would be surprised if we let someone of Otamendi's credentials just walk for a minimal fee, especially when we will be held to ransom for any prospective replacement.
He is 31 so we wouldn't get much for him,i think we will do what we did with aleks,we respect those who have served us well and just let them go,it's one of the things i love about us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.