If We Can Win The League At Brighton

I'm reading it every day at the moment (because I am losing my mind) - they had a whole thread about the Bluemoon reaction to the semi final thread, and basically think we're all a bunch of pricks. Also, they hate the fact that we didn't sell out the FA Cup semi because it took the shine off their day, moreso than the result.

They are revelling in the thought on the footballing world having it's eyes on Brighton on Sunday, their biggest rivals Palace have lived off the famous "Crystanbul" night for five years and I think they want the same.

As ever, I'm sure that regular forum lurkers aren't real people and when we are down their on Sunday they will be as nice as they were last season.

Not sure I agree. Yes, there was some surprise you didn't sell out the semi final, but most of us realise that it was the lowest of your priorities, bigger fish to fry and all that. 3,000 of you would be coming back to London for the Spurs game a week later, and you'd just had an away game at Fulham I believe. Not everyone has deep pockets, and football's expensive. Unlike the other team in Manchester most of your fans don't live in Guildford.

Yes, it's great to have a bit of attention - we know what we are size wise, and where we've come from in a very short space of time. 20 years ago we had to get a point at Hereford to stay in the Football League.The club is very well run, owned by a single man whose family have been involved since the 70s (Tony Bloom's uncle was Vice Chairman who actually died on the team coach on the way to an away game at Stoke)

For those of you coming down, give yourselves plenty of time if getting the train from Brighton to Falmer, it will be busy.

Enjoy your day.

Hi, Brighton fan here.

I posted some info which will hopefully help you guys on the 'pre-match' Brighton thread - if you need any other info please just ask.

Remember there's a free travel zone - details on the other thread.

The Swan at Falmer does have a big screen (in a barn which is only opened match days) but it's home fans only I'm afraid and they check your tickets on entry. Strange situation there as the old landlord (now dead) campaigned heavily against us building at Falmer - the new landlord makes a small fortune on match days - the rest of the week it only gets a few locals in.

Oh, and stop panicking - we've lost to Cardiff, Bournemouth, Southampton and Burnley and drawn with Newcastle in our last 5 home games. Add to that we are now safe.

Our home form, once so good, is currently pitiful. Score early and it will be 3 or 4.

Enjoy your day.

What do you think the chances of Brighton fans selling their tickets to travelling City fans are now that you're safe?

Not sure I agree. Yes, there was some surprise you didn't sell out the semi final, but most of us realise that it was the lowest of your priorities, bigger fish to fry and all that. 3,000 of you would be coming back to London for the Spurs game a week later, and you'd just had an away game at Fulham I believe. Not everyone has deep pockets, and football's expensive. Unlike the other team in Manchester most of your fans don't live in Guildford.

Yes, it's great to have a bit of attention - we know what we are size wise, and where we've come from in a very short space of time. 20 years ago we had to get a point at Hereford to stay in the Football League.The club is very well run, owned by a single man whose family have been involved since the 70s (Tony Bloom's uncle was Vice Chairman who actually died on the team coach on the way to an away game at Stoke)

For those of you coming down, give yourselves plenty of time if getting the train from Brighton to Falmer, it will be busy.

Enjoy your day.
Using Brighton as a base the weekend after for the cup final, got family down there. Cracking town, and hoping to be enjoying a few celebratory post-wembley pints down your way once we get back from London.

What do you think the chances of Brighton fans selling their tickets to travelling City fans are now that you're safe?

Extremely slim.

There are 22,500 STHs, a capacity of approx 30,500 and 3,000 away fans.

That leaves about 5,000 tickets which are sold on a game-by-game basis to members etc. These are the people who 'may' just think about making a few bob. We have all been warned about touting - and told that anyone found selling on tickets will be banned (and have their ST revoked if they are STH) With 6,000 people on the ST waiting list the club can afford to take a hard line.

IMO no STH will sell their ticket (it's on a card anyway and no STH will pass that on unless it's to someone they know)

Hospitality is still available (or was yesterday) at £300.00, expensive yes but that includes unlimited booze and how much will a tout charge for a 'normal' ticket?

I'm sure there will be touts flogging tickets - somehow they always seem to get hold of them.

Just saw this.

@BHA61 a question about the Swan, though it'a home only do you reckon if a few blues in no colours wanting to go in during the game may get in?

Also when looking saw sussex uni not far has a sports bar, do they allow non students to drink in the Uni?

Lastly best cafe in the town for proper fry up on the sunday morn ? We are there from sat to monday and a full english will be required.

Enjoy your day.
Thanks for the comments. I went to the FA Cup semi-final and I am going to the Cup Final. I think the issue for most blues at the semi-final was not the away league games in London but the fact that thousands of City fans had been to the Community Shield and the League Cup Final, and playing the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley is a bit of a rip-off (Cup Final prices are crazy: £45, £70, £115, £145 and £250.)

I am expecting Brighton to be a tough game. I saw you were really really struggling for the odd points you needed but now you are safe I think the pressure will come off and Brighton players will be looking at the game as an opportunity to show the world how good they are. I am wondering whether Hughton will be a bit more offensive than he has been of late.

@BHA61 a question about the Swan, though it's home only do you reckon if a few blues in no colours wanting to go in during the game may get in?

Also when looking saw sussex uni not far has a sports bar, do they allow non students to drink in the Uni?

Lastly best cafe in the town for proper fry up in the sunday morn ? We are there from sat to monday and a full english will be required.

Swan: They do check match day ticket pre-match. If you're thinking of going there during the game (to watch on TV) and then wandering over to the ground with 10 minutes to go, I really have no idea what their policy will be - sorry.

Sussex Uni - again sorry no idea, never been in there.

Cafe - Brighton is full of them - where are you staying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.