Brighton appreciation

Cheers - glad you enjoyed your trip.

As I said on another thread, the City fans I met on Saturday afternoon were all good lads, and I thought both sets of fans appreciation (yours for Bruno, and ours for Kompany + your presentation etc.) was top draw. I'm pleased the PA played some of 'your' anthems/songs at the end too - I'm not sure all other Premier League clubs would have done the same. I spoke to a steward at the away end afterwards who said they let in ticketless fans to watch the presentation.

Congratulations to you - the league table never lies and 198 points over two seasons is quite incredible.

As for us, it's all change with CH gone.

My opinion on it (and I've seen all bar 2 games this season) is that unfortunately he had to go.

If he wasn't such a decent bloke, a thoroughly decent man, then the media wouldn't be so up in arms over his sacking. No wins in the last 9 games, 3 wins in the last 20 games we were certainties for relegation next season. People accepted his boring, negative football when we were grinding out results, but when you're losing every week, it's different. The Chairman (who has paid for the stadium, new training ground etc) is an ambitious man - it's not thinking above our station, it's about being ambitious - why can't we be a mid table side competing with Bournemouth, Watford, and dare I say it Palace?

Bloom is a gambler, and this time he has rolled the dice big-time.

Good Luck Saturday and see you next season

BHFC a terrific club that have been to hell and back. I truly wanted to see you survive this season, I agree with the CH thing above and I hope the right man is appointed next taking you up a notch, making BHFC an established PL club Good luck for 19/20

A couple of fat knobheads trying to goad city fans on the train back into Brighton
Didn’t know. there was that much call for replica shirts that big !
Matching green tents on

Apart from that great weekend
And to top it found Quadrophenia alley
Really nice around East Street

A couple of fat knobheads trying to goad city fans on the train back into Brighton
Didn’t know. there was that much call for replica shirts that big !
Matching green tents on

Apart from that great weekend
And to top it found Quadrophenia alley
Really nice around East Street
Did they fit through the train window when you threw them off?

All in all, couldn't have been a better place/ground/weather/set of fans for us to win the league away from home.

Great place for a drink. It was glorious sunshine for large parts of the day. My mate I go everywhere with even managed to jib from the home end to the away end.

The bar was open afterwards whilst they were setting up the stage, it was great when they let the away gates open and about 200 City fans burst through!

On the whole they were up for a laugh whilst queuing up to get back on the train, I think a few couldn't understand how we weren't being more boisterous, but I am sure I wasn't the only one who was absolutely mentally and emotionally spent once they stepped out of the stadium.

Stayed out drinking til about 1:30am. Absolutely cracking day, one which I will tell people about for a long time. Thank you Brighton!

Brighton fans, publicans and generally everyone was sound.

There were some bellend local scouse fans spouting shit in a few boozers late into the night, but it was easy to laugh off the clowns

I can only echo the comments above, the people of Brighton were great, the fans the same and everyone had a great day. Brighton did not roll over and made it tough going for awhile, in fact that is my only complaint, my nerves/heart can't cope with going 1-0 down :-)

Finally, all of the Brighton fans who have come on here, you are a credit to your club and thanks for the help, advice and info.

It was a great trip last year and just as good this year. Apart from the distance to travel, it has become a match to look forward to. Everyone down there treated us fantastically well, from the stewards to the supporters and staff at the hotel where we stayed. Also notable that everyone (and I mean everyone) wanted us to win the title and not the scousers. Brilliant weekend and looking forward to next season. Best of luck to Brighton next year and hope you get the manager you deserve, and also Chris Hughton (a thoroughly decent man).

Watching on TV and said to the missus how nice it was that so many Brighton fans stay to watch the lads get the trophy. Am I wright in guess that Brighton let our presenters take over the pa system as it sounded like a home game when doing the trophy etc.
Met and chatted with two Brighton fans at our last home game last season and they were sound....

So well done Brighton you did us proud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.