UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'm totally wrong with this

But could the misleading investigators part, be that some of the money for the Etihad deal may well have come from the Emir (HH) and even though this is nothing to do with SM, Uefa feel that this was not disclosed originally and so by definition on Uefa's part City have misled them

I'm just putting this out there as we know Uefa like to move the goal posts

Every ball that is going hopelessy wide and might result in a defensive throw-in will be redirected so that it creeps over the line by a couple of mllimetres. Uefa want a sacrificial lamb!

I've said this before but it's worth saying it again. The hugely frustrating part of all this is that to a large extent it's self-inflicted. A club of our size, knowing we have lots of enemies in football, should have had state level security in place. That means a fully secure server and high level encryption of emails. We had neither so an individual accessed everything with absolute ease and that really is unforgivable.

Totally agree mate, someone’s head surely must have rolled over this.Or perhaps it was an ex employee with an axe to grind.

The BBC's Dan Roan says that "Portuguese judge Jose Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues is the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber and will look at the case with at least three of its four members - vice-chairmen Christiaan Timmermans, of the Netherlands, Switzerland's Louis Peila, English QC Charles Flint and Adam Giersz, Poland's former sports minister.

I assume he has been reading UEFA's disciplinary processes. They publically detail their structure and members of their committees. It maybe that Charles Flint does not play a part?
Don't worry Marvin you can rest easy, I'm sure they'll be doing their best to screw us.
But be prepared to be upset by the outcome.

They will get us on something even if they do need to change their shitty FFP rules. Whether it’s not inviting us into a breakaway champions league competition or changing rules again, the cartel won’t stop til they get is. The worst thing is that we will have to put up with terms like financial doping for the entire duration of the appeal and any subsequent court cases. Unless we get cleared by the panel which just isn’t going to happen.

Could we claim Legal Aid for this,& if so we could us this local company..
28at7ac.png

You only have to look at the Neymar and Mbappe deals and the hugely overvalued Qatar sponsorship deals to realise PSG are still flouting the laws. Infantio who was at Uefa at the time and Laurent Platini who is essentially employed by the Qataris were involved in dodgy deals, google those names, there is plenty of speculation on PSG’s misdemeanours but Uefa seem to be very quiet on their issues.

Also when we were fined we got the same punishment as PSG even though they over inflated their sponsorship deals far more than we were supposed to have done.

@Parisian is the expert on PSG - he may be able to flesh those out a bit. However, I don't think it's a surprise that the first big sanctions under FFP (at the same time as each other) were similar - testing what the clubs would accept.

As far as I know, PSG have not been accused of what City have, so there isn't anything to compare directly on that. Vice versa, the things you mention haven't been levelled at City, so there isn't anything to compare.

I hope I'm totally wrong with this

But could the misleading investigators part, be that some of the money for the Etihad deal may well have come from the Emir (HH) and even though this is nothing to do with SM, Uefa feel that this was not disclosed originally and so by definition on Uefa's part City have misled them

I'm just putting this out there as we know Uefa like to move the goal posts

That was my understanding - that was in the Spiegel claims which UEFA have stated was one reason for the investigation.

If the Executive Council of the UAE underwrite the Etihad deal, and support their financial obligations, then I find it difficult to see how UEFA can justify a year's ban, in addition to previous sanctions, on the basis of the remaining financial transactions which are small in value.

NYT and BBC stressing that UEFA are focusing not on the value of the deals now, but on how UEFA had been 'misled' as to the source of the funds.

I find this an empty statement.meaningless. Owner investment is permitted, but regulated. We see it all the time in football eg King Power, Sports Direct. I am not expecting Dan Roan or the NYT to spell out exactly what UEFA's objection is, but the vast bulk of the UAE sponsorship is from Etihad Airlines and I find it difficult to see how that can now be questioned.

The problem here is that UEFA are going to look weak after all this talk if they don't follow through and sanction City. They have the to keep the hawks happy (Tebas, major clubs). Their investigation seems to me unprofessional (leaked) and I am failing to see what the smoking gun is. The UAE state underwrites Etihad Airlines, not Sheikh Mansour, whilst Aabar etc are his own companies and everyone knows that. He can up until market value invest what he likes. For my own understanding, it would be interesting to know what UEFA / Dan Roan / NYT really mean when they say 'misled'. How can you mislead UEFA as to the source of the sponsorship money when it's a matter of record as to which companies Sheikh mansour owns, and Etihad is the state airline and therefore controlled not by Sheikh Mansour but by the Executive Authority of the UAE?

I am suspecting that UEFA are just playing this out and they know full well that this case is empty. They have a lot of powerful clubs on one side and a hostile media pressing them on one side so they can't be seen to just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.