UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this transaction is secure, where does that leave UEFA's case given that Etihad relates to the lion share of the sponsorship? UEFA may not like the 'subterfuge' but if the end result, excluding Etihad which we think is OK, was of the order of approx £5m-10m additional revenue, is that worthy of a ban?

The NYT and BBC suggest 'misleading UEFA' is now their prime issue. Yet these sponsorships are about 1-2% of City's current revenue. A ban on top of recent sanctions? That's proportionate!

This is a nonsense line from them though, because misleading them has no relevance to anything unless it's misleading them over something material. I could mislead you saying I've got a 15" pecker, but it matters not unless you try to marry me for it.

Yup, it is around 50 M now (and considered to be so since 2015 with retroactive devaluation) as far as FFP is concerned. They tried to put it around 35 M€ afterwards.

The big problem with CAS is they ruled for us on technicality which means UEFA can still try their chance later on. Rumours have it that they asked us to terminate the contract once and for all.

And about the technicality, they did the same error for Fener, so it is not a preferential treatment for PSG.

As for Neymar and Mbappé, PSG is making headlines because of those two transfers but they are selling a lot (which is not highlighted). If you compare City and PSG spending balance, despite not engaging in big stars signings, City is far above PSG. However, i consider it as normal because you have PL money.

If you are angry about City treatment, just know that PSG has already experienced all those issues and even had to go to CAS. City has, so far, experienced nothing compared to PSG.
You just have to watch your own forum thread : https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/psg-set-to-fail-ffp-again.333948/

Press leaks/smear campaign about PSG (again Tariq Panja with the exclusive news) :
CFCB IC => CFCB AC => CAS

Seems like this guy is a right sniveling little shit.

Hope when we fire back we have some dirt on him as well.

This is a nonsense line from them though, because misleading them has no relevance to anything unless it's misleading them over something material. I could mislead you saying I've got a 15" pecker, but it matters not unless you try to marry me for it.

I mislead on my taxes each year, I'm not breaking the rules, just working within them.

Press reports a few months ago suggested Liverpool have been petitioning other clubs asking the Premier League to investigate. I think I recall speculation that they had the support of about 12 other clubs.

It's my opinion that the whole FFP scheme from its inception has been devised by officials linked to major rival clubs. If you look at the people on the UEFA licencing committees and those who oversee the financial monitoring of European club football, many are linked to major European clubs, and we know that the clubs themselves had a major input into these regulations. This is not an independent review at all. FFP has been designed to entrap City. They changed the rules during the last review to snare City, and now the allegation is that City tried to evade the snare. How dare they?

UEFA seems to me rather a nebulous organisation with various groups with competing interests. The problem City have is that rival clubs have been devising their rules and then lobbying UEFA intensely. I think the media must know this, but so far they only seem to have been concentrating on the deer in the headlights.
The story about Liverpool FC preparing to circulate a letter amongst other English clubs asking them to demand the Premier League investigate City was broken in the Times print edition and provided by a journalist who is based in Merseyside and is well known to have the best contacts at Liverpool FC. As far as I can see it has never been covered by anyone else but is certainly true and can only have come from current or former senior management at Liverpool FC or the Fenway Group. The same source is almost certainly responsible for leaks to the New York Times from UEFA.

I am genuine but I won't be sticking around (not that any of you will care). This doesn't seem the place for me as a non City fan. Far too much hostility.
You need to get a dictionary and look up the word genuine.

Anyone should be allowed to post genuine posts on any forum but your 69 posts on red cafe have confused me somewhat. I couldn’t be arsed to go through them all so I’ve picked out three

4/4/19. (About City). “Leeds,Newcastle, Everton have much bigger following and are therefore bigger clubs for me.”

28/4/19. “Fecking embarrassing all the City love in here”

23/4/19. “Nah I’m a neutral with a slight leaning towards Liverpool if I’m honest. Mostly because feck City and their bottomless pit of cash ruining the PL.”

The last post is the one that really confused me when it’s put alongside your 1st post yesterday.

You slimey little fucking turd.

Did someone say the entry to the e mails was through the passwords of some ex youth coaches who went to another club.

Remember seeing something about it but isn’t the guy who hacked the emails a Portuguese fella? Something doesn’t add up as surely UEFA know we would take it to CAS? There has to be something in these emails that are fuelling UEFA’s confidence in all this, let’s just hope City are aware of ALL of these leaked emails,just get the feeling they have something on us that has yet to come out.Regardless of the emails I don’t doubt at all that City have a watertight paper trail on funding from sponsors that will stand up in court.UEFA seem a bit too confident for me for this to be all piss and wind.

You need to get a dictionary and look up the word genuine.

Anyone should be allowed to post genuine posts on any forum but your 69 posts on red cafe have confused me somewhat. I couldn’t be arsed to go through them all so I’ve picked out three

4/4/19. (About City). “Leeds,Newcastle, Everton have much bigger following and are therefore bigger clubs for me.”

28/4/19. “Fecking embarrassing all the City love in here”

23/4/19. “Nah I’m a neutral with a slight leaning towards Liverpool if I’m honest. Mostly because feck City and their bottomless pit of cash ruining the PL.”

The last post is the one that really confused me when it’s put alongside your 1st post yesterday.

You slimey little fucking turd.

Nice work. I'm sure the scummy little twat will be long gone by the time I get home from work.

Yup, it is around 50 M now (and considered to be so since 2015 with retroactive devaluation) as far as FFP is concerned. They tried to put it around 35 M€ afterwards.

The big problem with CAS is they ruled for us on technicality which means UEFA can still try their chance later on. Rumours have it that they asked us to terminate the contract once and for all.

And about the technicality, they did the same error for Fener, so it is not a preferential treatment for PSG.

As for Neymar and Mbappé, PSG is making headlines because of those two transfers but they are selling a lot (which is not highlighted). If you compare City and PSG spending balance, despite not engaging in big stars signings, City is far above PSG. However, i consider it as normal because you have PL money.

If you are angry about City treatment, just know that PSG has already experienced all those issues and even had to go to CAS. City has, so far, experienced nothing compared to PSG.
You just have to watch your own forum thread : https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/psg-set-to-fail-ffp-again.333948/

Press leaks/smear campaign about PSG (again Tariq Panja with the exclusive news) :
CFCB IC => CFCB AC => CAS

Cheers, very informative post.

All a bit meaningless anyway. Etihad will source funds from a whole variety of sources - that’s outside UEFAs jurisdiction. The monies will have come to us directly from Etihad and will be a matter of public record in their accounts. That should be the end of the matter.
I'm aware of all this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.