‘Where Do You Want Your Statue, Vincent Kompany?’

The 2011 squad lifted the 35 year millstone. So I thought rename the South Stand the 2011 Stand. Then I remembered The north east kiddy fiddler! Not keen on statues cos they always look crap to me. How about the Sheik gives him a billion pound golden handshake which he then decides to use on sponsoring the club for the next twenty years! Financially Fair Play that you UEFA fekkers! The Vincent Kompany Arena.

Not keen on statues. If Kompany gets one, then surely Zabba, Silva and Sergio deserve one?
I like them. I like how clubs have at least one of a player/players, who contributed to their club.

It would be hard deciding which players/ managers get chosen.

I would have a statue added every season, eventually encircling the ground. We wouldn’t be around to see it completed but I can imagine how good it would look.

Never a problem for Rome, surround the stadium with 15 foot high marble statues of all our legends, Start with Swift, Trautmann or even earlier, and go all the way up to todays group, show the doubters our history
That is exactly what I was thinking.

DwA4aYpW0AAJZY_

Could we get one of him diving in and have it suspended somewhere out of site.

Once a week someone could have the honour of being “vinnied” when it suddenly and violently swings into action.

Wherever it's put, I just hope it's the iconic pose of him celebrating against United (or even Leicester) and not some daft one of him holding a ball like he's some kind of NBA star.

Ha, Picc Gardens is a shithole.

I'd suggest it goes on top of the DVLA building overlooking Old Trafford.
Can we knockdown the billboard used for the Tevez sign and place one of him doing his trademark standing with arms outstretched celebration on a pedestal (that looks vaguely like pitch-side advert boards) with “Welcome to Manchester” on a large copper plaque across the ‘boards’ below it?

As much as he deserves a statue it’s so hard to pick players for statues.

If anyone deserves one aswell surely Bert Trautman should get one

Just to be clear Bert does have a statue down in reception which used to be in the museum.

statua-bert-trautmann.jpg

It should however be somewhere more prominent for my liking, considering not only what he did for City, but also what he did for bringing nations back together in those post war years.

Just to be clear Bert does have a statue down in reception which used to be in the museum.

statua-bert-trautmann.jpg

It should however be somewhere more prominent for my liking, considering not only what he did for City, but also what he did for bringing nations back together in those post war years.

That is completely hidden from most fans. It should be outside the south stand or north stand.

A mosaic of vinny would be nice, something akin the double-sided Mercer version...fits better with the whole look of the complex.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.