Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t rate the guy as an “8” for us, but he’s been superb covering for Ferny in the 6 role, would be happy for him to sign a new deal but get the feeling he knows he won’t play as a 6 for us much once we’ve signed Rodri (or whomever), and consequently it wouldn’t surprise me to see him leave - I’d prefer to see Foden get the minutes as an 8 rather than Ilky.

Agree. Quality player, at his best a top quality player, but not the best injury record, and young enough to get some decent wedge in if we sell. Would like him to stay, but if he sees the writing on the wall re: minutes at 6 and completion at 8, he should go with our blessing.

Don't think he'll sign, tbh. He's probably looking to run down his contract and get some sign on fee somewhere next summer. That's probably what the agent would advise him at this point in his career.

Isco all day long ……

giphy.gif

That might be the case, however I wouldn’t be overly impressed at offering him a 5 year deal. 3 years max, imo.
I agree. 3 year Max. Preferably 2 years. I'm an ageist. And I'm impartial. Older players should be on shorter Contracts.

Hope he stays, i don't think we'd have won the title without him.
He came in and played well in covering for players, especially Fernandinho

Might sound an odd thing to say of a full German international, but it almost felt as if he grew up and was accepted as Manchester City player in the second half of the season. He's always struck me as a bit of an outsider, someone hovering on the periphery, but in the last few months, it was Gundogan and, to an extent, Bernardo who ran the engine room and dominated the ball. If he can avoid injury, I suspect his best season yet will be next year.

Might sound an odd thing to say of a full German international, but it almost felt as if he grew up and was accepted as Manchester City player in the second half of the season. He's always struck me as a bit of an outsider, someone hovering on the periphery, but in the last few months, it was Gundogan and, to an extent, Bernardo who ran the engine room and dominated the ball. If he can avoid injury, I suspect his best season yet will be next year.

Totally agree with this, I thought he was great in the second half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.