Talksport

And one who gets extraordinarily defensive if criticised or questioned.

They are not special, no matter how much they think they are.

Essentially just the gobshite fan of a rival team who finds themselves with a platform for their inane rants whilst convincing themselves that they have some higher moral purpose. The latter day Alf Garnetts

Gobby White was a disgrace last week, saying Sean Cox's brother denied that the song was about Sean, but didn't like the fact the team were singing it , ( boo fucking hoo), then at the top of the hour the news goes with " Sean Cox's brother thinks they, the team, should be ashamed of themselves' .
Now today he's shouting over Murphy to say that prick had every right to ask that question.
Then says to Murphy, " that's whys he ( Harris) is a journalist and you're not!"
What a ****.

I don't normally listen to his show but found myself doing so today.

Also funny that 2 lads that rang in were both from Stockport!

He won't get paid anything like that much. Very few do.
They must have had their wings clipped financially. I know for a fact Sporting Life SP reporters/journalists were on 40k a year back in the late eighties. To put in perspective a decent salary back then would have been 15k - 20k. The gravy train was full steam ahead in the press industry 30 years ago.

They must have had their wings clipped financially. I know for a fact Sporting Life SP reporters/journalists were on 40k a year back in the late eighties. To put in perspective a decent salary back then would have been 15k - 20k. The gravy train was full steam ahead in the press industry 30 years ago.

Yep. The Internet has changed this dramatically in recent years. Fewer jobs, lower pay and of course the need for click bait articles.

It's funny really, my industry (travel) saw tens of thousands of job losses with the rise of online, and the press cheered that on gleefully. I've said to a few hacks that given that, my sympathy for their industry dying on its arse is rather limited.

Yep. The Internet has changed this dramatically in recent years. Fewer jobs, lower pay and of course the need for click bait articles.

It's funny really, my industry (travel) saw tens of thousands of job losses with the rise of online, and the press cheered that on gleefully. I've said to a few hacks that given that, my sympathy for their industry dying on its arse is rather limited.
Its always sad to see people losing their jobs and once great businesses closing or diluting, hopefully your position is safe as either an employee or Business owner?

Mrs H is off to Teneriffe with her friends in a couple of weeks, they have booked to fly with Thomas Cook but are panicking as their share price collapsed this weekend. Do you have any info on the trading status of T Cook?

Its always sad to see people losing their jobs and once great businesses closing or diluting, hopefully your position is safe as either an employee or Business owner?

Mrs H is off to Teneriffe with her friends in a couple of weeks, they have booked to fly with Thomas Cook but are panicking as their share price collapsed this weekend. Do you have any info on the trading status of T Cook?

Oh I'm fine. Industries change, you have to change with them - it was just a comment on their hypocrisy now they wring their hands and lament it happening to them.

No reason to panic. They're going to end up re-structuring, but as far as I can see they've got funding for a fair way ahead - and revenues rise in summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.