Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bilboblue!!...and thanks to all the blues for your support...I assure you I'm not a group of people nor that intelligent (ask my wife). I've been in finance and specifically lending for over 20 years, a profession that makes one quite cynical and often nosey. The "research" that I've done is basically googling stuff on my phone, figuring out anamolies and raising questions. I'm nowhere in the class of someone like PrestwichBlue.

I am a little overwhelmed at the support, (I used to have 150+ followers till Sunday morning!!). I am also surprised at how rattled these tough reporters have gotten, I thought they would have swatted my questions easily. These aren't necessarily bad actors, they are youngsters (mostly) who are caught in a tough business of generating excitement and clicks for their survival. But what they see as fair game is extremely unfair, on the club, the players, the management team and importantly fans. It undermines the result of years of obsessive hard work and passion. And mostly their work seems to be basis lazy copying of themes, zero evidence (MacKenna especially), loose association of facts and very little research or understanding.

Anyhow I don't intend to make it a habit of targeting anyone, but when I see obvious hypocrisy, I hope to raise my voice in defence of the club . If anything over the last 4 days, I've made some good friends and very thankful for that. I am on a break for a few days to mentally regroup and focus on a few personal projects but hope to be back on twitter soon. Thank you once again!!
Really pleased to see such a controlled response to these "journalists" & I appreciate it becomes quite involving. The standard of reporting is depressingly low, surprisingly from those associated with the traditional broadsheets, and as you say there is a lot of lazy re quoting with a lack of evidence to back it up. They seem to have strayed into subject matter that is beyond their reporting ability but social media has given them the opportunity to try.

Here we go. The Daily Fail now leading with "Manchester City's lost academy. £300 million worth of young talent deserted City".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

It’s a another shocking article, and plays on the Daily Fail’s continued negative narrative towards the club.

It really does bigger belief why those running the club allow Daily Mail reporters into the Etihad.

Unfortunately Martin Samuel works for that Rag.

The headline may seem negative , but it's a fairly balanced article even if it's from the daily mail.

If we did keep giving chances to the kids , we wouldn't have won the trophies we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.