Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should not be less than 18-20m, but I know we're not into haggling if we want a player gone or vice versa too often.

HG players who can slot in decent/good sides cost a lot more (see: Drinkwater), even at his age and with his injury record.

He's also highly versatile and a leader.

Actually, if Chelsea didn't have a transfer ban I'd be they'd be interested as Alonso had struggles defensively this season. Not that Delph doesn't pose problems in that area as a left back. Regardless, he still is stronger in that area I'd contend.

Last edited:
I’d keep him if he wants to stay.

A vastly underrated and versatile player and very rarely lets us down.

I can understand if he’s thinking fuck I’m 30 soon and want to play week in week out so I’ll get off.

Leeds though?

Several levels beneath him imo.

Needs to go to an Everton, Leicester, Wolves, Celtic, Rangers if he wants to play every week and at a good level.

I’d keep him if he wants to stay.

A vastly underrated and versatile player and very rarely lets us down.

I can understand if he’s thinking fuck I’m 30 soon and want to play week in week out so I’ll get off.

Our team is only as strong as our weakest link. Delph is definitely one of the weakest links.
• He was the reason Son scored a goal in the first CL-leg, when deciding to stop play instead of closing him down.
• He was in the starting line-up in all three games in December last year, which we all lost.

He definitely has to go. One 'bad' player is more than enough to bring down an entire team.

Our team is only as strong as our weakest link. Delph is definitely one of the weakest links.
• He was the reason Son scored a goal in the first CL-leg, when deciding to stop play instead of closing him down.
• He was in the starting line-up in all three games in December last year, which we all lost.

He definitely has to go. One 'bad' player is more than enough to bring down an entire team.

Utter bollocks.

Son was offside at the start of the move they scored through. Goal should never have stood.

In terms of the 3 we lost in December - you’re suggesting Delph was the sole reason for those 3 losses?

The other 10 players on the pitch had nothing to do with those results?

Bang on the money, clear as the nose on your face !

Utter bollocks.

Son was offside at the start of the move they scored through. Goal should never have stood.

In terms of the 3 we lost in December - you’re suggesting Delph was the sole reason for those 3 losses?

The other 10 players on the pitch had nothing to do with those results?

It doesn't matter if we/our players believed Son to be offside, which he in retrospect obviously wasn't. You don't stop playing until the ref blows the whistle. As a footballer, you learn this in 3rd grade.
Zinchenko in the same position has 22 games under his belt and is yet to lose a game. Of course it's not all Delphs fault but it should give you an idea of his defending.

It doesn't matter if we/our players believed Son to be offside, which he in retrospect obviously wasn't. You don't stop playing until the ref blows the whistle. As a footballer, you learn this in 3rd grade.
Zinchenko in the same position has 22 games under his belt and is yet to lose a game. Of course it's not all Delphs fault but it should give you an idea of his defending.

I think this place is turning into a scotty pippin wet dream, innit @Stoned Rose (:

Delph was playing at left back but isn’t a left back.

He’s a midfielder and a very capable one.

You don’t judge a player on 3 out of position games. You learn that in ‘3rd grade’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.