Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph was playing at left back but isn’t a left back.

He’s a midfielder and a very capable one.

You don’t judge a player on 3 out of position games. You learn that in ‘3rd grade’.

Christ...

No he isn’t a left back, that is my point.
And he is not a good enough midfielder either, looking at KDB, David, Bernardo, Gundogan, Ferna and Foden. They are all miles better.

It’s not about three games only but it’s not hard to see his weaknesses against top opponents.

For me, Delph is not good enough covering for left back position or midfield, meaning he should be sold. I’m confident City will sell this summer.

Christ...

And he is not a good enough midfielder either, looking at KDB, David, Bernardo, Gundogan, Ferna and Foden. They are all miles better.

It’s not about three games only but it’s not hard to see his weaknesses against top opponents.

For me, Delph is not good enough covering for left back position or midfield, meaning he should be sold. I’m confident City will sell this summer.

He looked plenty good enough in 2017/18 when he was arguably the best left back in the league and a hugely contributing factor to us walking the league with a record amount of points.

For all the shit Delph is getting and all the praise zinchenko is rightly getting, Delph in17/18 was a better left back than zinchenko 18/19. The game at Stamford bridge is widely regarded as the most important of the centurion season, Delph was phenomenal putting in a MOTM performance and followed it up with about another dozen+ performances of the same standard, all that seems to have been forgotten because he’s had a hard time this season. If you’re playing in an unnatural position you need a run of games, something Delph didn’t get this season. When zinchenko first came in he was making mistake after mistake, continuously being caught under the diagonal about 4 games in a row that would have cost us against better opposition then he found his groove and made the position his own.

For all the shit Delph is getting and all the praise zinchenko is rightly getting, Delph in17/18 was a better left back than zinchenko 18/19. The game at Stamford bridge is widely regarded as the most important of the centurion season, Delph was phenomenal putting in a MOTM performance and followed it up with about another dozen+ performances of the same standard, all that seems to have been forgotten because he’s had a hard time this season. If you’re playing in an unnatural position you need a run of games, something Delph didn’t get this season. When zinchenko first came in he was making mistake after mistake, continuously being caught under the diagonal about 4 games in a row that would have cost us against better opposition then he found his groove and made the position his own.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it's down to.

And luck. If you make ten mistakes in a game & they all get immediately covered, it doesn't merit the same as one mistake which ends in a goal.

Delph has been very unfortunate that several high profile mistakes ended up costing us. Vinny recently, suddenly fell on his arse & just got a toe to the ball, when it could have been a Gerrard moment. Small margins.

Sam Lee is usually pretty reliable. He reckons we'll go into next season with just Mendy and Zinchenko.

He looked plenty good enough in 2017/18 when he was arguably the best left back in the league and a hugely contributing factor to us walking the league with a record amount of points.

Fuck off mate. You can’t analyse a whole season when judging a player. You have to analyse 3 games where he was played out of position. Are you a 2nd grader or something?

Christ...

Foden is better than Delph?

That’s a massive statement to make based on a handful of appearances by an 18 year old.

It’s becoming clearer by the post you know fuck all about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.