Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph's problem which we discussed 3 summers ago isn't football intelligence or football ability. It's availablilty. This is a well known phenomenon in American Football. Availability is the greatest ability a player can have.

Players who get injured a lot simply almost never reach their full potential, often lose chemistry with teammates and are often off rythm. W

When everyone is in mid-season form, they are in early season mode.This was Delph's problem this season.

Often came in off an injury layoff and looked 2 steps behind the rest. Unfortunately his mistakes we're zeroed in on by his detractors.

Which is quite normal for lots of our fans. Including some of those now defending Delph who do the same with other players they don't like. But I won't name names as it's been a four-midable season and I'm being charitable :p

Newcastle (i know some backroom senior staff there) were previously sniffing around and made enquiries in summer 2017 I believe. Could be an interesting move?

Foden is better than Delph?

That’s a massive statement to make based on a handful of appearances by an 18 year old.

It’s becoming clearer by the post you know fuck all about the game.

Haha, I know fuck all? That's funny.

If you can't see Fodens talent, then that's your problem. Delph is not a left back (you said it yourself), he is not a creative midfielder and he can't be used as a defensive midfielder either. Tell me: what's left? What is his role in this star-studded team for next season? I don't think you can even answer that. And you're talking to me like I don't watch City. If you watch any games, you should know better than using Delph as a LB, defensive mid or creative mid.

Foden is an exceptional talent going forward, which Guardiola also stated on several occasions. Foden is 18, Delph 28. For me, Foden already surpassed Delph by a mile in the way he handles himself on the field.

But sure, best of luck using Delph (who belong more in a mid-table or other top 6 team) in the Champions League next season.
As I said earlier. It doesn't matter if we have the best attacking trio or midfield in the entire world. One player who isn't up there with the rest of the stars is enough to get knocked out of the UCL too soon, or drop crucial points in the Premier League. I can't believe you can't connect the dots.

[QUOTE="MCI, post: 11815441, member: all? That's funny.

If you can't see Fodens talent, then that's your problem. Delph is not a left back (you said it yourself), he is not a creative midfielder and he can't be used as a defensive midfielder either. Tell me: what's left? What is his role in this star-studded team for next season? I don't think you can even answer that. And you're talking to me like I don't watch City. If you watch any games, you should know better than using Delph as a LB, defensive mid or creative mid.

Foden is an exceptional talent going forward, which Guardiola also stated on several occasions. Foden is 18, Delph 28. For me, Foden already surpassed Delph by a mile in the way he handles himself on the field.

But sure, best of luck using Delph (who belong more in a mid-table or other top 6 team) in the Champions League next season.
As I said earlier. It doesn't matter if we have the best attacking trio or midfield in the entire world. One player who isn't up there with the rest of the stars is enough to get knocked out of the UCL too soon, or drop crucial points in the Premier League. I can't believe you can't connect the dots.[/QUOTE]

At no point did I say Foden isn’t a great talent or prospect so I’m not sure why you’ve alluded to it. He will be a colossal player but he’s not better than Delph right now and also has nowhere the amount of experience Delph brings.

How does a player where ‘there’s not much left’ find himself in at City as part of a treble and double winning squad and achieving numerous international caps?

Has he been on the blag all this time?

You’ve asked what his role in the star studded team is. This is the point you are missing. My original post said I’d keep him as he’s a very good and professional squad member. Which he is. I can’t get my head round you not being able to see / grasp that.

This ‘point’ you’re making about having lesser players leading to us getting knocked out the CL is interesting.

How do you explain Spurs and Liverpool not getting knocked out when they have numerous players in their squads who wouldn’t get in ours and are lesser players than Delph?

Did they blag it as well?

You’re talking absolute bollocks and are either 14 or on the wum.

Unnamed club source: “Pep has no issues with Fabian whatsoever but there is a need to free up squad space for fresh blood. He would like a move to a decent club and just wants more starts. He has been a club hero here with what he has achieved.”
via @SunSport]

I like Fabian Delph, he has been great for us, i still think he could do a job as a back up ferna , however a better judge than me has decided its time to go ,so good luck fabien

Last edited:
Newcastle (i know some backroom senior staff there) were previously sniffing around and made enquiries in summer 2017 I believe. Could be an interesting move?
I'd be surprised if Liverpool aren't interested. Teaming up with Henderson & Milner they could have an all English powerhouse midfield...

I like Fabien Delph, he has been great for us, i still think he could do a job as a back up ferna , however a better judge than me has decided its time to go ,so good luck fabien
I think that would have meant more to him if you could've have spelt his name correctly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.