Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been tremendous value at £8m. He’s great for a mid table club.

I’d be happy with the fee being quoted.

Unnamed club source: “Pep has no issues with Fabian whatsoever but there is a need to free up squad space for fresh blood. He would like a move to a decent club and just wants more starts. He has been a club hero here with what he has achieved.”
via @SunSport]
The right decision, but sad to see him leave. No one in the world knows the beehsics of football better than him

Delph's problem which we discussed 3 summers ago isn't football intelligence or football ability. It's availablilty. This is a well known phenomenon in American Football. Availability is the greatest ability a player can have.

Players who get injured a lot simply almost never reach their full potential, often lose chemistry with teammates and are often off rythm. W

When everyone is in mid-season form, they are in early season mode.This was Delph's problem this season.

Often came in off an injury layoff and looked 2 steps behind the rest. Unfortunately his mistakes we're zeroed in on by his detractors.

Which is quite normal for lots of our fans. Including some of those now defending Delph who do the same with other players they don't like. But I won't name names as it's been a four-midable season and I'm being charitable :p

‘Availability is the greatest ability a player can have’.

Got to be on your highlights DVD that one mate.

What if he’s fucking shit?

There are loads of players from the 3 relegated clubs who were hardly injured and ‘available’ all season- should we put some record bids in?

[QUOTE="MCI, post: 11815441, member: all? That's funny.

If you can't see Fodens talent, then that's your problem. Delph is not a left back (you said it yourself), he is not a creative midfielder and he can't be used as a defensive midfielder either. Tell me: what's left? What is his role in this star-studded team for next season? I don't think you can even answer that. And you're talking to me like I don't watch City. If you watch any games, you should know better than using Delph as a LB, defensive mid or creative mid.

Foden is an exceptional talent going forward, which Guardiola also stated on several occasions. Foden is 18, Delph 28. For me, Foden already surpassed Delph by a mile in the way he handles himself on the field.

But sure, best of luck using Delph (who belong more in a mid-table or other top 6 team) in the Champions League next season.
As I said earlier. It doesn't matter if we have the best attacking trio or midfield in the entire world. One player who isn't up there with the rest of the stars is enough to get knocked out of the UCL too soon, or drop crucial points in the Premier League. I can't believe you can't connect the dots.

At no point did I say Foden isn’t a great talent or prospect so I’m not sure why you’ve alluded to it. He will be a colossal player but he’s not better than Delph right now and also has nowhere the amount of experience Delph brings.

How does a player where ‘there’s not much left’ find himself in at City as part of a treble and double winning squad and achieving numerous international caps?

Has he been on the blag all this time?

You’ve asked what his role in the star studded team is. This is the point you are missing. My original post said I’d keep him as he’s a very good and professional squad member. Which he is. I can’t get my head round you not being able to see / grasp that.

This ‘point’ you’re making about having lesser players leading to us getting knocked out the CL is interesting.

How do you explain Spurs and Liverpool not getting knocked out when they have numerous players in their squads who wouldn’t get in ours and are lesser players than Delph?

Did they blag it as well?

You’re talking absolute bollocks and are either 14 or on the wum.[/QUOTE]
Delph l
Poor this season and lack of availability back to first couple of seasons. Currently way behind Foden how you think otherwise is absurd.

‘Availability is the greatest ability a player can have’.

Got to be on your highlights DVD that one mate.

What if he’s fucking shit?

There are loads of players from the 3 relegated clubs who were hardly injured and ‘available’ all season- should we put some record bids in?
Then he is fucking shit. Duh!!!

As for your question, no you don't put in record bids for average players who are available. Neither do you put in record bids for talented players who are unavailable.

Both ability and availablilty must be sought when you want to put in a record bid. We have a history of expensive bids on unavailable players with ability. I'm against this.

Now here is the real question, why aren't you?

Last season he played 21 league games (1746 minutes ) , this season he played 8 games ( 725 minutes ) .
Mendy's record : 362 minutes last season, 900 minutes this season.

In terms of injuries, he is more lucky than Mendy.

I think we should keep rely on what we have Mendy, Delph & Zinchenko to fill the LB position because :

1- we can't sell Mendy for good price
2- Delph alternative will be more expensive
3- Zinchenko is doing well

Last season he played 21 league games (1746 minutes ) , this season he played 8 games ( 725 minutes ) .
Mendy's record : 362 minutes last season, 900 minutes this season.

In terms of injuries, he is more lucky than Mendy.

I think we should keep rely on what we have Mendy, Delph & Zinchenko to fill the LB position because :

1- we can't sell Mendy for good price
2- Delph alternative will be more expensive
3- Zinchenko is doing well
They are both a problem injury wise. It's why we are keeping 3 players at that position. That's a whole lot of ability with little availability. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.