Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

I'm never sure about this. Everton certainly when known as the Merseyside Millionaires had loads of Moores money, but I have never found a reference to Liverpool getting funded that way. An Evertonian mate says that Liverpool got Moores money when Littlewoods employees got shirty about Everton getting it.
Anybody got a reference to Liverpool funding ?

Spoil sport

Perhaps because safe standing has only become a real possibility over the last year or so. Previously it was dead in the water. After 10 years of hard and on-going work by the FSF http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/standing/ and fan groups from all over the country, safe standing is now a real possibility.

Apart from that, why are you picking fault or issue with what he has just said regarding safe standing and the stadium expansion? You should be pleased like all of us. No?

As you probably know, we’ve always been frustrated on here, well I have, that the stadium expansion has never been mentioned during his interviews. He was asked directly this time. Didn’t fudge the question. And answered it in detail, without giving too much away, which is his way.

That fact that Khaldoon has confirmed the stadium expansion ‘is happening’, that is enough for me. The alternative would have been him saying it wasn’t happening at all, or not for the foreseeable future.

PS. Over to the Etihad expansion thread. It’s off topic on here.

He gave not one bit of detail, Marvin posted his word.

He should roll out heated seats like he has.

You just have to look at how often it's referred to as "oil money" to know it's racism. Still not clear how "oil money" is any different from all other forms of money, yet you never here anyone elses source of money referred to, seems more like pretty obvious dog whistle stuff. Unless they are somehow against the selling of oil, which seems unlikely given we all buy the stuff.

I might be wrong but don't the likes of the US, Canada, Russia & China produce more oil than the UAE? Pretty sure that Abramovich made his money originally from Oil but don't ever recall his money being referred to as "Oil Money". The hypocrisy is amazing.

Part 1 > Part 2 :)

I liked the recognition he gave to Diaz & Sancho, and hopefully Foden will meet the very high expectations.
It shows acceptance that they are developing careers for these young guys, even if their future doesn't end up at City.
I think that is a healthy attitude and one which would be noted by the parents of any prospective youngster coming to the academy.
City will do what they see as best for you.
If you choose to move on at the end rather than bide your time, your decision will be accepted with no malice or bad-will.

The other side of the coin is the very high praise that Foden gets, for staying on patiently to learn from the best.
He is in a win/win situation. He either has a huge City future with all the support he could ever dream of, or he will still have a big future because of the profile he has already gained through City and England.

He gave not one bit of detail, Marvin posted his word.

He should roll out heated seats like he has.

Going around in circles here Corky. :-/

What is up with you?

Nobody at City gives details. You should know that.

When I’ve been with 1894 in club meetings, and we’ve asked about the stadium expansion, they don’t go into details either. Just the expansion proposal is on-going, blah, blah, blah.

Me, you, and everyone else will only know details of the NS expansion when the club are ready to make them public. Not sooner. No tit-bits. Nothing. It’s how they work.

Sorry, but I’m not going to get bogged down by you with this.

I’ve just heard what I wanted to hear from Khalddon’s Mouth. That’s enough for me. I’m happy to wait, knowing the NS is going to be expanded. Not won’t, could be, but is. :-)

I'm never sure about this. Everton certainly when known as the Merseyside Millionaires had loads of Moores money, but I have never found a reference to Liverpool getting funded that way. An Evertonian mate says that Liverpool got Moores money when Littlewoods employees got shirty about Everton getting it.

Liverpool had been owned by the Moores Family for over 50 years when David Moores became chairman in 1991. John Moores became chairman of Everton at a time when he was also a major shareholder in Liverpool. When David Moores sold out to Hicks and Gillette in 2007 he owned 51% of the club.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C.

Scroll down to the ownership and finances bit.

Moore’s definitely injected 9m into Liverpool as per companies house in the early 90s, this was about 50% of their annual turnover at the time, roughly the equivalent of mansour giving us an extra £250m in today’s money.

Liverpool had been owned by the Moores Family for over 50 years when David Moores became chairman in 1991. John Moores became chairman of Everton at a time when he was also a major shareholder in Liverpool. When David Moores sold out to Hicks and Gillette in 2007 he owned 51% of the club.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C.

Scroll down to the ownership and finances bit.
Yes, I had read that, but it says nothing about Moores / Littlewoods funding the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.