Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

I was looking at it myself, the fullback position is the only place they can make that case but we needed to replace our fullbacks fast, with quality and experience of type that is in short supply.

This will be their sticking point despite all the above positions you mention and there will probably be comparisons to Liverpool because it suits their narrative. Liverpool got lucky though with their fullbacks. Robertson was a hopeful punt that paid off, Arnold is the first academy product they've had make the grade in years unless you count Sterling who only spent 2 years there before going pro. They also were allowed to ease them in from a position of no pressure, we had no such luxury after our first season under Pep, it needed rectifying fast.

City lost all 4 squad full backs that summer and they were all well over 30. We replaced the 4 with 3 signings which isn't that profligate especially as I'm struggling to think of a full back we'd actually paid a big fee for since the takeover. Zabaleta cost £6.45m, Clichy £7m, Kolarov £16m and Sagna was a free.

Last edited:
City lost all 4 squad full backs that summer and they were all well over 30. We replaced the 4 with 3 signings which isn't that profligate especially as I'm struggling to think of a full back we've actually paid a big fee for since the takeover. Zabaleta cost £6.45m, Clichy £7m, Kolarov £16m and Sagna was a free.

If I remember right the summer we spent all the money on the full backs we hadn’t spent any money on full backs for the previous 6/7 years. We also then went on to win 2 consecutive league titles with an average of 99 points plus 3 other trophies and a charity shield! So I’m not too arsed to be honest!

City lost all 4 squad full backs that summer and they were all well over 30. We replaced the 4 with 3 signings which isn't that profligate especially as I'm struggling to think of a full back we've actually paid a big fee for since the takeover. Zabaleta cost £6.45m, Clichy £7m, Kolarov £16m and Sagna was a free.
That's true but I was looking at it from the market distortion angle, they went especially overboard with the criticism of our fees on Mendy and Walker.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...pielerposition_id=5&altersklasse=&leihe=&w_s=

It was a jump of £15.5m for Walker(we signed him first if I remember right) but this was 9years after the previous record was set by Dani Alves' transfer to Barcelona from Sevilla(£31.95m). So I wonder what the bar graph will look like.

Last edited:
City lost all 4 squad full backs that summer and they were all well over 30. We replaced the 4 with 3 signings which isn't that profligate especially as I'm struggling to think of a full back we'd actually paid a big fee for since the takeover. Zabaleta cost £6.45m, Clichy £7m, Kolarov £16m and Sagna was a free.

When another team in Stretford buy a Crystal Palace full back for North of £60m later this summer it’ll be a shrewd investment and money well spent.

Having watched both parts I'm struggling to understand the excitement about it to be honest. A shoeing for the mediocrity Tebas, nice words about the season past, lots of stuff about CFG (which doesn't interest me in the slightest), a vague promise to expand the stadium when the time is 'right' and not much else.

I like Khaldoon but his end of season thing is standard City TV.

We play in a stadium built and paid for by the state, it's not unreasonable to assume our owners wouldn't be here without that stadium. There are plenty of arguments to fight but this isn't one of them, countries/councils have always "helped" club's that benefit them. West Ham got handed a stadium, Everton sold their training ground to the council, the same council approved compulsory purchase orders to knock down people's houses for Anfield to be redeveloped. It's laughable what he said but people in glass houses and all that.
Which paper do you work for?

I think the most important statement was, to paraphrase, football is a small world and when people in leading positions say things something we get to know.
A clear dig at some of our Premier League rivals who are actively working against us.

We play in a stadium built and paid for by the state, it's not unreasonable to assume our owners wouldn't be here without that stadium. There are plenty of arguments to fight but this isn't one of them, countries/councils have always "helped" club's that benefit them. West Ham got handed a stadium, Everton sold their training ground to the council, the same council approved compulsory purchase orders to knock down people's houses for Anfield to be redeveloped. It's laughable what he said but people in glass houses and all that.

This is nonsense...

Our taking over the CoMS should be held up as the template for the best practice when it comes to building stadia for events like the olympics, commonwealth games etc.

There are white elephant stadia all around the world that have cost tax payers millions.

We take up a tenancy that pays significant sums back to the taxpayer while carrying out further development and making full use of the facility and people slag us off for it...

Pathetic...

Having watched both parts I'm struggling to understand the excitement about it to be honest. A shoeing for the mediocrity Tebas, nice words about the season past, lots of stuff about CFG (which doesn't interest me in the slightest), a vague promise to expand the stadium when the time is 'right' and not much else.

I like Khaldoon but his end of season thing is standard City TV.
Why do we have a "limit" facility?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.