Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester have the right to ask what they want. They don’t want to sell, why should they? If we think he’s worth as much to us as Leicester believe he is to them we’ll sign him. If not we won’t.

Also, even if De Ligt may cost less, it seems he wants much higher wages than Maguire would probably ask so the latter would be less likely to disrupt squad harmony. Could be a consideration. But I don’t think we’ll pay anywhere near £90m for a centre back.

Because if Maguire wanted to go (which he might if we or another one of the big boys were sniffing), but their asking price was prohibitive, they’d have a very unhappy player on their hands, which could lead to him downing tools and a knock on impact on squad harmony.

You don’t keep an unhappy player by pricing him out of a move.

I’m not sure Leicester are ‘extremely rich’ tbh. They aren’t in the Top 20 richest in Europe for example.
So are you happy to accept £70m for Sane if Bayern feel our asking price is prohibative and he wants to go?

I'm now starting to brainwash myself as a precaution in case we buy him. If it's true I suppose pep must think he can do a job for us, and he's quite a big lad so will be handy for set pieces at either end. By the end of today I plan to have convinced myself he's the next Franz Beckenbauer. Wish me luck.

Working on the basis that we are interested in him, do you seriously think the club would look at someone so inappropriate for Pep and pay a high fee for it? Really???????
Yes. We bought Walker, do you seriously think the club would have looked at him twice if he wasn’t English? Really?

The only reason we’re potentially (it may all be a smoke and mirrors) looking at Maguire is because he’s the best out of a very bad bunch (centre backs & central midfielders) who will fill the homegrown quota. He’s not a bad player by any means but he’s lacking certain qualities (just like Walker is) to fit seamlessly into our squad/team and wouldn’t get near it if he wasn’t English.

His value is irrelevant. He is either the right player or he isn't. The idea of buying not the right player just because we negotiated a good price is far greater folly than paying way too much for a perfect fit.

So forget money, and purely ask is he 100% the right player?

His value is irrelevant. He is either the right player or he isn't. The idea of buying not the right player just because we negotiated a good price is far greater folly than paying way too much for a perfect fit.

So forget money, and purely ask is he 100% the right player?

Even if he is. Paying 90m for Maguire would be insanity and set a very bad precedent for us. Van Dijk went for 75m last year. Maguire isn't even half the player.

Yes. We bought Walker, do you seriously think the club would have looked at him twice if he wasn’t English? Really?

The only reason we’re potentially (it may all be a smoke and mirrors) looking at Maguire is because he’s the best out of a very bad bunch (centre backs & central midfielders) who will fill the homegrown quota. He’s not a bad player by any means but he’s lacking certain qualities (just like Walker is) to fit seamlessly into our squad/team and wouldn’t get near it if he wasn’t English.
I think you are off the mark there bud. CB is a critical position and for me, we would look to fill that with the best avail irrespective of nationality and make up the homegrown quota in a less demanding position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.