Var debate 2019/20

That is on about next season and the full list was publicised yesterday, it look like interpretation rather than a change in the law to me. However if it hit the player then his hand/arm.

But a handball will not be a free-kick if...

• the ball is knocked on to a hand by the player in question or a nearby player

So chest to hand is not handball

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/4838225
No you're right except last night the ball from is chest didn't bounce up to his arm. The ball was dropping and he brought his arm down onto the ball so it was arm to ball.

It went to VAR did it not? That'll be what VAR has got to do with it then.

Well it wouldn’t be classed as a clear and obvious error so like all big decisions they would look at it but there wasn’t enough to change it.

The ref gave it himself instantly as he would have done in most instances prior to VAR.

You’re actually bigging up VAR in a way because it was the ref who made the decision and you’re wanting VAR to change it. It wouldn’t even be under review without VAR so there would be zero chance of it being over turned.

So in reality, you’re happy VAR reviewed it but you’re unhappy with the decision by the reviewer?

That is on about next season and the full list was publicised yesterday, it look like interpretation rather than a change in the law to me. However if it hit the player then his hand/arm.

But a handball will not be a free-kick if...

• the ball is knocked on to a hand by the player in question or a nearby player

So chest to hand is not handball

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/4838225

it came into play 1st june mate

he had his arm out in the unnatural silhouette as they say

Another change to the laws of the game means that if the player's arms extend beyond a "natural silhouette", handball will be given, even if it is perceived as accidental.
i get it contradicts the above but that's why it was given

But Sissoko was not in the line of sight of the goal and the ball strikes his chest first. It's not an Otamendi, or PSG call.

They got it wrong.
handball is handball mate got nothing to do with the sight of goal

if its in the box a pen if not a direct free kick from the point of offence

I was pro VAR but with each passing game i change my mind,the handball rule change is going to kill the prem next season,it'll be one long kicking the ball at the defender to get a pen,no beautiful football except us
We have been done over twice in the CL,this tells me that VAR can be used to manipulate the games,i'm out for now
100% on the money.

it came into play 1st june mate

he had his arm out in the unnatural silhouette as they say

Another change to the laws of the game means that if the player's arms extend beyond a "natural silhouette", handball will be given, even if it is perceived as accidental.
i get it contradicts the above but that's why it was given

Except the bold bit which you ignored.

Well it wouldn’t be classed as a clear and obvious error so like all big decisions they would look at it but there wasn’t enough to change it.

The ref gave it himself instantly as he would have done in most instances prior to VAR.

You’re actually bigging up VAR in a way because it was the ref who made the decision and you’re wanting VAR to change it. It wouldn’t even be under review without VAR so there would be zero chance of it being over turned.

So in reality, you’re happy VAR reviewed it but you’re unhappy with the decision by the reviewer?

Yes that's me.
I'm in favour of VAR in theory, but not the execution. The whole point of it is aid the officials, to get the big decisions right and to make the game fairer to all as a result. My problem with lasts nights decision is that I'm comparing it to Llorente's goal against us. So looking at those two in isolation I cannot fathom how one is a handball and one isn't. Maybe I can't take off the blue specs but just can't see how Llorente isn't a handball but last nights is. I just can't.

Yes that's me.
I'm in favour of VAR in theory, but not the execution. The whole point of it is aid the officials, to get the big decisions right and to make the game fairer to all as a result. My problem with lasts nights decision is that I'm comparing it to Llorente's goal against us. So looking at those two in isolation I cannot fathom how one is a handball and one isn't. Maybe I can't take off the blue specs but just can't see how Llorente isn't a handball but last nights is. I just can't.

It’s because Llorente’s arm was against his body whereas last night the arm was completely outstretched.

I didn't want it because it takes the emotion and excitement and opinion out of the game, that's what I thought before var and will think now , every goal n the champions league is muted because we don't know what's coming next, and it will be the same in the premier league, football isn't accountancy where everything has to be correct, football can be a massive kick in the bollox at times, but that's football, but it seems todays generation feels like everything must be correct or it will hurt peoples feelings

before VAR when a goal is scored you celebrate quick look to the lino jobs a goodun,now you have to wait 3 minutes. they will introduce music next and as someone said xfactor type voting,

as for that handball,that hasn't been handball in 100 years of football,but for some strange reason the powers that be have decided that it is, wingers firing the ball at defenders when there's nobody in the box, there will be no more cry of miss the first man ,now it will be hit the first man,they are changing football for the worse.
So much in this post I agree with.
To me the referee's decision is final and if VAR is to be used, then it should be the referee who asks to see the machine and no one else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.