It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

with vinny going I think otta will play a lot

Rather depends on if Kompany’s departure makes Otamendi have a rethink on his future. If we sign a centre back to replace Kompany, then there can be no guarantee that anyone will play more, which might have a bearing on his ultimate decision. I think he’ll leave, but I think that could also depend on negotiations with Atlético Madrid.

Rather depends on if Kompany’s departure makes Otamendi have a rethink on his future. If we sign a centre back to replace Kompany, then there can be no guarantee that anyone will play more, which might have a bearing on his ultimate decision. I think he’ll leave, but I think that could also depend on negotiations with Atlético Madrid.
Nothing to negotiate with Atletico. Otamendi is a separate issue, think its a bit chicken and egg. Hell stay if we don't buy anyone, we wont buy anyone if he stays. Think once that’s established he’ll probably stay.

In some ways Kompany being replaced by someone who’s available to play more often than an injury prone Kompany may actually make Otamendi’s situation worse. For much of last season Otamendi wasn’t getting playing time when there were just three available centre backs.

In some ways Kompany being replaced by someone who’s available to play more often than an injury prone Kompany may actually make Otamendi’s situation worse. For much of last season Otamendi wasn’t getting playing time when there were just three available centre backs.
I guess it depends how Pep sees the pecking order

Concur. I’ve resigned myself to Otamendi and Danilo both leaving and that the players who replace them will put greater pressure on the incumbents. If those two haven’t put enough pressure to warrant games this season, then we should seek out younger players who can; not a criticism of either’s service, simply an appreciation that the squad need evolve in terms of fresh faces and existing players assuming greater responsibility.

If we don't have a Fernandinho replacement come September I won't care if we missed out or walked away. The end result will be just as potentially damaging. That's why sometimes we need to swallow our pride and cough up a bit extra.
Like utd coughed up a bit extra for Sanchez? Then players like rashford want £250,000-£300,000 or leave for free. We have a structure and it works. We have a great atmosphere and players sign new contracts coz they're happy here. Utd are now struggling to offload players they dont want exactly like us when we started our project.

Like utd coughed up a bit extra for Sanchez? Then players like rashford want £250,000-£300,000 or leave for free. We have a structure and it works. We have a great atmosphere and players sign new contracts coz they're happy here. Utd are now struggling to offload players they dont want exactly like us when we started our project.

If we reach September and we've gone after a Fernandinho replacement 2 years in a row and failed to get anyone, then the system hasn't worked.

We got lucky last season, Fern didn't get injured until the end of the season. If he'd picked up that month long knee injury at Christmas instead then we wouldn't have won the league.

Reactions: cjn
To be fair my two kids were born in Essex and support city, but only since AFTER the take over, unlike me with many painful years under my belt.

Never met two such obvious Essex JCLs at age 9 and 12......

One of the most obsessed Blues I know was born and raised in Witham, Essex. His dad moved down from Manchester sometime in the 60s.

If we reach September and we've gone after a Fernandinho replacement 2 years in a row and failed to get anyone, then the system hasn't worked.

We got lucky last season, Fern didn't get injured until the end of the season. If he'd picked up that month long knee injury at Christmas instead then we wouldn't have won the league.
Thats a big if, besides would bet Gundogan started more games as DM between losing to Newcastle and winning the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.