Matthijs de Ligt

There is no way we break our pay structure,we have worked for years on it to move away from that type of thing,we try and sell the project and a clear line of progression if they work hard,if they want top wages straight away we say no,pep said that is why we didn't break it for sanchez,he cited squad harmony

I’m completely with you which is why he will not end up at City and neither did De Jong.

It’s funny how us City fans can see this but the world thinks we pay the highest wages/ transfer fees.

I’m completely with you which is why he will not end up at City and neither did De Jong.

It’s funny how us City fans can see this but the world thinks we pay the highest wages/ transfer fees.
Sadly it doesn't suit the narrative to understand and report on how we have worked hard on that side of things

I wonder if, with the benefit of hindsight, we wish we had paid the money for VVD? It seemed ridiculously high at the time, we saw in the Amazon documentary the club reaction to the transfer fee, but like with KDB's acquisition it was a shrewd bit of business. Both players are being linked for future Balon d'Or's.

Personally I think De Ligt is in a similar mould, we are likely to look back in the future, and wonder what if?

I wonder if, with the benefit of hindsight, we wish we had paid the money for VVD? It seemed ridiculously high at the time, we saw in the Amazon documentary the club reaction to the transfer fee, but like with KDB's acquisition it was a shrewd bit of business. Both players are being linked for future Balon d'Or's.

Personally I think De Ligt is in a similar mould, we are likely to look back in the future, and wonder what if?
Same with Felix.

To me it seems there are a few clubs not willing to pay both the big fee and Raiolas cut (City, rags and so forth), Liverpool who don't really need him and so aren't going to drop 100m+ on this deal and then Barca who will go for it but they need to sell some players first but are struggling.

Every summer window the fees go up, we incredulously scratch our heads as to why and every summer a team passes on one and looks back and regrets it. I'm not for "breaking the pay structure" but this kind of player doesn't come around often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.