Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Liverpool players will leave now. If Liverpool hadn’t won the CL, yes. But not now. Salah & Co will want the PL title next season. They know if they stick together they have a real chance of winning the title . And if Liverpool did sell Salah, they would want a World transfer record fee for him, if he hasn’t got a buy out clause in his contract?

But the narrative from Charlie Boy still stands. Big up Liverpool’s 1 achievement, just 1, and play City’s multiple achievements down.
Liverpool have always lost big players, no matter how successful they have been and there seems to be rumours about Salah not seeing eye to eye with Klopp. As for winning honours here, we've proven we can repeat what we achieved the season before, that lot still have the question hanging over them.

Here's an interview with the BBC's Simon Stone on a Manchester United fan's YouTube channel. I've put it here because you can learn something about Simon Stone the journalist. I've watched similar in the past with Jamie Jackson and Henry Winter and none of them seem to have any more about them than any other fan, but Simon Stone really does know what he's talking about. He makes the very obvious points about what has happened at Man Utd post Fergie but you can see that he has some insight.

I have seen a lot of City fans comment negatively about Simon Stone's work on the BBC, or when they see him at City press conferences but journalists aren't there to promote the club, they are there to ask awkward questions.

I think Simon Stone may have been given an unfair ride in the past by City fans just because he was a prominent journalist and it's a guilt by association. I'll read his stuff in the future with a bit more respect.

Spurs have won 2 League titles, 8 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 1 ECWC. That makes 15 trophies not 17. Unless Charity Shields are counted.

EDIT: They also won 1 Fairs Cup which still only makes 16. It looks like SSN are counting the Intertoto Cup they won once.
They won 2 uefa cups, 1 in the 72 and 1 in 84.

Here's an interview with the BBC's Simon Stone on a Manchester United fan's YouTube channel. I've put it here because you can learn something about Simon Stone the journalist. I've watched similar in the past with Jamie Jackson and Henry Winter and none of them seem to have any more about them than any other fan, but Simon Stone really does know what he's talking about. He makes the very obvious points about what has happened at Man Utd post Fergie but you can see that he has some insight.

I have seen a lot of City fans comment negatively about Simon Stone's work on the BBC, or when they see him at City press conferences but journalists aren't there to promote the club, they are there to ask awkward questions.

I think Simon Stone may have been given an unfair ride in the past by City fans just because he was a prominent journalist and it's a guilt by association. I'll read his stuff in the future with a bit more respect.

Thing is do you think he'd waste his time on a city podcast? His twitter background is of him and fergie, and I think most blues feel he couldn't really give a shit about us when he's supposed to be reporting equally.

That's exactly what Souness said. I don't know why people are getting worked up about the article as City will be the team other clubs want to be the biggest threat to.

I didnt read it but thats what I interpreted from the headlines. The Liverpool are a top side and they have a brilliant manager so I would expect them to compete for premier and champs league again next season but I expect us to finish above them but champs league they will do better again just because for some reason maybe bent officials or our own mentality as a team and Pep occasionally over thinking it.

Thing is do you think he'd waste his time on a city podcast? His twitter background is of him and fergie, and I think most blues feel he couldn't really give a shit about us when he's supposed to be reporting equally.
Nice of you to post that for that rag to make money from it!

I don't know if he has ever been asked. I think he supports Utd but I don't have a problem with him supporting anyone as long as he is fair.

He's astute though. I'll give him that. I've listened to other journalists and these interviews do not usually work out well. I think they do it to get an audience for their work but they usually back-fire because fans realise that the journalist knows no more about the game than they do. This one was different because although he didn't give me any extra understanding of Man Utd, Solksjaer etc, I do now know that this guy is rigorous and questioning and if he comes up with an opinion or view on the game, I will in the future listen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.