Matthijs de Ligt

Aguero, Yaya & Silva etc moved to City because of the project sold to them, underpinned by wages matched only by the very best. The convincer to the dream was the top end wages. Do you honestly think Yaya & Aguero came here simply for the dough? Not even the mega wages on offer could convince Kaka, but City had no choice back then other than to pay top dollar for fees & wages.

I saw a stat the other day saying we'd spent £1.5bn gross, in transfer fees since 2008. What wasn't mentioned was how far behind the starting line City were at the time in comparison to Europe's best, & that we had Hughes as our manager, when trying to attract football's best talent to move us from being perennial strugglers, to becoming serial winners with Guardiola as our manager.

As it stands, our record player purchase is over 3 times less than the world record, & ManUre, Chelsea & the Dippers have paid out more for their record buys than we have. A bit of perspective is required here.
They came for money.

Thank fuck they did.

Ultimately I think the defining factor behind most players decision to join a club will be the wages. I'm sure there will be other factors such as the quality of the team, champions league qualification. Lifestyle.will the kids settle but the defining factor I think will be the salary. I think like many sportmen/women or anyone obtaining work or moving jobs is ultimately going to want to maximise their earning potential. I can't think of one occasion when I've known a player to take a reduced salary because they've preferred the project or vision of another team. The buying club with the project or vision more often or not have been able to match other clubs in wages or seal the deal through salary increases linked to contractual incentives met like goals per match games won, cups won etc.

So de ligt doesn't seem to be different from most players on the planet. He's made a very good decision at this stage in his career and given his age.

Only allure with PSG is money under Qataris, no one has those sort of limitless finances - always down to choice between money and sporting project

Plus, pizza boy always gets the exorbitant agent fee he seeks - only desperate clubs make that deal with the devil
https://tribuna.com/en/fcbarcelona/news/3290990/

De Jong with 10 + 6 M net at Barcelona.
The "sporting" project proposed to de Ligt by PSG seems very close to the one offered to de Jong by Barcelona.

welcomeaupsg.gif

Could understand him going to PSG, allows Raiola to have another wedge when he moves again. If he goes to City or Barca though then its likely he is there for the next decade.

Go to PSG, bully a few farmers whilst making yourself look great as you ping the ball around against the other 18 terrible teams then only get tested in the CL.

If De Ligt goes there, and they keep hold of Neymar and Mbappe I see no reason why PSG can't become the Champions of Europe next season. Let's not kid ourselves, he may be going to a team where the league is a one horse race and of an average standard - but he's going to a team that are well capable of challenging for the Champions League and he will be living in one of the most visited Cities in Europe. How can a 19 year old complain at that.

Paris is full of Dog Shit.

Some years ago, when I was working, we were doing an interview by telecom with a prospective employee .... the job involved working in Budapest ... the joiner wanted to know what the place was like and my colleague summed it up thus

“Budapest? ..... it’s like Paris - without the dog shit”

Cheers

Ultimately I think the defining factor behind most players decision to join a club will be the wages. I'm sure there will be other factors such as the quality of the team, champions league qualification. Lifestyle.will the kids settle but the defining factor I think will be the salary. I think like many sportmen/women or anyone obtaining work or moving jobs is ultimately going to want to maximise their earning potential. I can't think of one occasion when I've known a player to take a reduced salary because they've preferred the project or vision of another team. The buying club with the project or vision more often or not have been able to match other clubs in wages or seal the deal through salary increases linked to contractual incentives met like goals per match games won, cups won etc.

So de ligt doesn't seem to be different from most players on the planet. He's made a very good decision at this stage in his career and given his age.
Kaka to City, then went to Real for less money for Milan, & less wages?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.