Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep seemed to think he lacked pace when discussing the Leicester game. And, I’d hardly call one run down the wing against a knackered Gundogan an example of pace. And, in case you didn’t notice, he fell to the floor out of exhaustion when he passed the ball!

Not convinced, and not going to be convinced! He looks like a Ford Transit Van, when we are looking for Bentley’s and Rolls’ to add to the stable!
Peps might even think that, Still prepared to shed out over 70 mill for him though, allegedly.
I was right behind him in the second half all game. We could not get near him. But that's your opinion fair enough.

Not sure that Maguire was with Leicester when they won the league. As I recall, it was Huth and Morgan were their CB's. COuld be wrong though.
Your right. Sorry. For some reason I thought he had been there years.

Who has said a thing about his personal looks? It is about how he looks as a player, not a movie star!!!
Constant references in this thread about him being a slab head. Constant. Which I agree should not be or form part of a debate m/discussion about whether he's good enough or not.

Constant references in this thread about him being a slab head. Constant. Which I agree should not be or form part of a debate m/discussion about whether he's good enough or not.
My reference to that term has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with the fact that to a hammer, everything looks like a na!!

The only thing he has going for him over many others, in my book, is his heading ability. Hence, slabhead!

And the City execs who talked about his price on camera? What was their sentiment?! Did they think £75M was good value?

Seriously, does ANYONE think we should be shelling out 125-150% of our current record transfer fee on Maguire?? Seriously??

It’s a fucking joke!!!
McGuire is nowhere near the standard of any of our current crop. He's only that price because City are interested.

We bid £18M for Johnny Evans, who eventually went to Liecester for £3.5M just a year later. McGuire is just another Johnny f*cking Evans.

My reference to that term has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with the fact that to a hammer, everything looks like a na!!

The only thing he has going for him over many others, in my book, is his heading ability. Hence, slabhead!

I disagree but I hold a similar view to Pogba, I can't have him and nothing and no one can ever convince me that he's in the same bracket as de bruyne. I can only go with what I saw several weeks a go. A motivated well rehearsed City team, who if they were targeting him, could not lay a glove on him. His distribution was excellent and he was constantly talking to those around him.
I ll give u one more that will probably send you over the edge Johnny Evans was great that night too. I watched him because I could not understand why City courted him a while back. I must have got him on a good night. He was excellent against us very good on the ball and quick.

Who has said a thing about his personal looks? It is about how he looks as a player, not a movie star!!!

Someone a few pages back called him an ugly fucker and said he has an image problem. Probably one of the most stupid things I've read on here in a while.

Maguire is a good defender, excellent in the air and seems quite confident taking the ball out of defence. But pace is an issue I would not be devastated if he signed, but he is not worth £90m Alderwield at £25m (buy clause) would be a better option and then gradually phase in Sandler or Garcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.