Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it strange that we seem to be chasing a RB more than a LB? I say this because bluemoon experts would have you believe that it is on the left we need to improve more so than on the right given that Mendy can barely play these days and many of us do not consider Zinny ideal for that job.

I think our pursuit of an attacking right back inspite of the above points I mentioned about our left side says a lot about what Pep thinks in terms of areas of improvement in the team.
Well I know a few bliemoon experts who didn't believe Leftback was an issue. But I won't name names. @Pablo1 might start thinking its a good day. :)

Walker gives the ball away in bad areas but tbf, Zinchenko did so on some occasions too.

But if Mendy plays, whoever is rightback may alternate with Mendy, as to who goes forward & move into midfield to guard against the counter, etc.

At the moment we often tend to play almost a back 3 with Walker covering, especially when Fern is missing.
Again, the facts simply don't support this claim. We don't 'often' play in a back 3 by any stretch of the imagination.

Walker was noticeably conservative against United, other than that he played fullback just like Zee did on the Left in the run in. Zee was simply just a better footballing fullback so he was more involved.

Had nothing to do with Dihno's absence or a back 3. That's just a myth for the most.

Didn't someone here mention that he has only played there once at Juve according to transfermarkt?

According to them he's played there 7 times in 170 career games. So....he's got more experience there than Delph had I guess? Less than Zinchenko had.

I think this is very much like Danilo, he's a RB, he might play LB once or twice a season if he's needed there.

Isn't it strange that we seem to be chasing a RB more than a LB? I say this because bluemoon experts would have you believe that it is on the left we need to improve more so than on the right given that Mendy can barely play these days and many of us do not consider Zinny ideal for that job.

I think our pursuit of an attacking right back inspite of the above points I mentioned about our left side says a lot about what Pep thinks in terms of areas of improvement in the team.

To answer this question, I would say it suggests the club are pretty confident with what they're hearing about Mendy's knee from Cugat, and Zinchenko's ability to play there as well.

Again, the facts simply don't support this claim. We don't 'often' play in a back 3 by any stretch of the imagination.

Walker was noticeably conservative against United, other than that he played fullback just like Zee did on the Left in the run in. Zee was simply just a better footballing fullback so he was more involved.

Had nothing to do with Dihno's absence or a back 3. That's just a myth for the most.

We do play that way, we have seen Walker himself and Gundogan saying as much on TV shows discussing our tactics. We set up to have a defensive shape of 2 sitting infront of 3. Zinchenko moves up and inside to sit next to Fernandinho, leaving a back 3 of Laporte-Stones/VK-Walker.

Those are the facts, as stated by 2 first team players. If you really think you've got a better insight into our tactics then them, I guess you can keep on with this argument...

We do play that way, we have seen Walker himself and Gundogan saying as much on TV shows discussing our tactics. We set up to have a defensive shape of 2 sitting infront of 3. Zinchenko moves up and inside to sit next to Fernandinho, leaving a back 3 of Laporte-Stones/VK-Walker.

Those are the facts, as stated by 2 first team players. If you really think you've got a better insight into our tactics then them, I guess you can keep on with this argument...
Like I said already, we didn't do it often. For the most part they both played as Fullbacks. The games where this was done we're few and blatantly obvious. It wasn't the norm.

Whether Gundogan or Walker discussed this particular tactic is not dispositive. Unless you have proof of them saying this was our tactic in most games or often.

Asf forJoao, he'll fit in well. And the quietness regarding news of him suggests to me work is going on.behind the scenes.

It makes sense. Wan-Bissaka could cost £60m and Cancelo might be cheaper due to the fact Sarri likes his RBs to be more defensively solid.

It's also worth factoring in that we have to get rid of Danilo too. Maybe there's not many suitors?

It was the reliable juve reporter that said juve wanted Danilo mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.