Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's where we differ. Llorente's arm was next to his body (to my mind, a natural position) and didn't move toward the ball - it just hit him. The laws last season require some form of movement or deliberate action (such as being waved around), and I just can't see it.

Next season it's been clarified that it would be disallowed, but that's next season's laws.
Whilst almost everything you say is correct, it would only be disallowed next season if the referee is shown footage of it hitting his arm. As he clearly indicated it HADN’T hit his arm, given exactly the same footage as last season, that goal will still stand next season.

BBC Sportsday opening.

"Liverpool open their Premier League campaign at home to Norwich. Whilst Manchester United have a tricky opening match at home to Chelsea. In other opening matches West Ham host Manchester City..."

Whilst almost everything you say is correct, it would only be disallowed next season if the referee is shown footage of it hitting his arm. As he clearly indicated it HADN’T hit his arm, given exactly the same footage as last season, that goal will still stand next season.

Yes, he'd have to see it hitting the arm.

Watching it, the BT crew (Ferdinand particularly) was quite clear that even the angle that was shown had the arm strike quite obvious. It was not as obvious than the other one the ref apparently didn't look at, but the studio seemed sure that it was shown.

BBC reporting the last time Liverpool played Norwich on the opening day they won the league ahead of city, and claiming fate ffs why the fuck do we have to pay a license fee for this shit, it was 42 fucking years ago totally irrelevant.
Happens every year, Fantasy Football promoting usually United especially when they play their pre season friendlies.
Pool are the early recipients of the accolades.

Yes, he'd have to see it hitting the arm.

Watching it, the BT crew (Ferdinand particularly) was quite clear that even the angle that was shown had the arm strike quite obvious. It was not as obvious than the other one the ref apparently didn't look at, but the studio seemed sure that it was shown.
Had a good view in the ground of it and thought it looked like handball. What did it for me though was the players reaction. There was a pause before they and the fans celebrated. They knew it was dodgy. Had the referee seen all the angles he would have given it as handball. Water under the bridge now. I think if we had gone through anyway we may not have won the league because of tiredness. Spurs certainly tailed off.

Had a good view in the ground of it and thought it looked like handball. What did it for me though was the players reaction. There was a pause before they and the fans celebrated. They knew it was dodgy. Had the referee seen all the angles he would have given it as handball. Water under the bridge now. I think if we had gone through anyway we may not have won the league because of tiredness. Spurs certainly tailed off.
There's no difference between the Sissoko handball in the final and the Llorente handball. If the ball doesn't hit Llorente's elbow it's probably not bouncing down on his thigh and into the net. If it doesn't hit his elbow, the ball is hitting him upper thigh and would probably fall straight into the hands of Ederson.
The contact made from the elbow definitely helped the ball go into the net, therefore by the new rules it surely has to be given as a handball?

Pep was one of the biggest proponents of VAR, I think by the end of the coming season he may have a few things to say about it that are not so positive.

It is a bit odd that the BBC use a photo of Liverpool lifting the European Cup to highlight the Premier League fixtures?
I mean imagine using a photo of us lifting the Premier League trophy when the Champio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.