Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Sport at Mediacity have stooped to a new low.

It’s pure bias and shit like this that City and Vicky Kloss need to clamp down on. And to find out why it is continually happening at BBC Sport, Mediacity, Salford Quays.

Let’s post it again.

86-F2-F1-C6-74-D1-4263-B04-D-9-DC53-E9544-FF.png

They have changed the picture to show Liverpool without the CL cup.

BBC Sport at Mediacity have stooped to a new low.

It’s pure bias and shit like this that City and Vicky Kloss need to clamp down on. And to find out why it is continually happening at BBC Sport, Mediacity, Salford Quays.

Let’s post it again.

86-F2-F1-C6-74-D1-4263-B04-D-9-DC53-E9544-FF.png
Must have responded to the complaints.

They've changed the title to, 'Liverpool host Norwich in Premier Season Opener'

Also, Why is VVD performing the 'Haka'?

I cant think of a bigger and more obvious dipper bias and agenda against City than this from BBC and Sly. There is no reason whatsoever not to lead the premier league fixtures announcement with Manchester City the "current premier league champions". The fact that they lead the story showing the dippers holding a completely different and non relevant trophy is proof the BBC are blinded with rage that we won the league because why else would they showcase a competition that they don't cover or promote and ignore the most important competition the Premier league and their "staple" FA Cup. Heck theres more reason for them to show City lifting the FA cup than the scum lifting the champs league.

I think that's where we differ. Llorente's arm was next to his body (to my mind, a natural position) and didn't move toward the ball - it just hit him. The laws last season require some form of movement or deliberate action (such as being waved around), and I just can't see it.

Next season it's been clarified that it would be disallowed, but that's next season's laws.
I think I explained why that's not the right way to look at it to my mind, it's exactly like the offside rule or it should be(both attacking situations with an either or narrative). Was Aguero deliberately offside or trying to gain an advantage? He was cms offside and moved onside infact, thus gaining no advantage at all but we accept this as either he was behind the imaginary line or over it... How should the handball rule be any different for attackers either gaining an advantage from the ball hitting his arm or not? Either he gained an advantage with the arm or he didn't and he did.

I can understand with defenders because half the time they are trying to get anything in the way of shot on goal but for me people need to see the two are vastly different situations at opposite ends of the field.

Natural arm position is irrelevant when you're bundling in a goal, you shouldn't gain an advantage with the use of the arm. I don't disagree that he might not have meant it and it might have "just hit him" but the goal probably doesn't happen without it, it's completely against the spirit of the game of football(no hands/arms). The only exception is if your keeper or defender blasts it at an attacker from point blank range in a one vs one situation(off the line for example), with the attacker having little to do with the handball. That's not what happened though, he was scrambling to get on the end of a cross and it hit his arm, it changed the path of the ball completely, no goal.

It's always been the refs interpretation(so the "new rule" isn't really new), the problem is VAR needs everything spelled out... that's what's happening next season and I think there will be more holes they find as they go along. The rules haven't yet been fully updated in anticipation for this letter of the law style refereeing unfortunately. Any other season without VAR, if a ref actually saw that, he'd have rule it out, intentional or not in my opinion.

Last edited:
Do we really care? The last thing we want is for us to become a snowflake, offended by everything fan base like them. Let them print more Liverpool stories, it will only make it even sweeter when we win the League again so they can create a Petition for a Joint Premier League Winners Trophy the Weirdo's. Fuck em!

I don't think I am snowflake by any stretch and I'am predominately not bothered or laugh as the stupidity of most of the journos, and I don't contribute to their pockets by choice. The bbc however I am forced to pay for and therefore I expect the twunts to be held to a higher standard which they fail miserably at.

Difficult to know how VAR will play out. Errors will be openly on view though, and less can be blamed on the ref being unsighted (etc).

Aguero was offside, albeit very close, so disallowing it is the right call; it's difficult to read much into it now as linesmen are told not flag. If there wasn't VAR, would he have flagged? We'll never know.

It's like counting penalties given - the exact number a team get is irrelevant; the key point is how many should they have got.
My point is what if it hadn't been offside and someone had bump Erikson so he did the dodgy back pass or some infringement before that, who decides how far back we look until a decision is made about a goal ?. In one match they may check an incident and in another game overlook a very similar incident. Unless certain rules are set in stone about this injustices will still occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.