Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t disagree stronger, I’d rather lose every single game and have players who are committed to the club. Before you or anyone else pipes up, yes it is 100% possible to have both as our current squad proves.
Youve just described Cardiff.

Look!

Do we trust La Porte(yes) and either Stones or Otamendi(no) to get through the season without letting goals in?

Maguire alongside La Porte is a great pairing.

And at 26 years old, his best years are yet to come.

Bite the bullet, pay close to what Leicester want, and sign Maguire.

He’s value isn’t going to go down.

We might even with the CL, so that money will be recouped.

Laporte deserves a better partner than Maguire and if we start him in the Champions League we ain't winning it.

It won't be Laporte and one other. Too many games.All of the centre backs will play.

At the end of the day his contract is with the club, not the manager, so any disputes you have should be put to one side and shouldn’t have a detrimental effect on the team. Yes in the end we won the league but we could have had it sown up way before if he had stayed and played like that for the 3 months he was golfing.
I'm not disagreeing he shouldn't have left. I said as much. I am just disagreeing that he didn't give a "flying fuck " Certainly he came here for the money. However, when he stepped on the pitch he left everything he had out there. A lot of mercenary players aren't like that.

All that being said, I suppose most players are "mercenaries" really. There are those like Foden, Noble, etc. that are local lads and grown up loving the team they play for and would play to the of their careers if given the chance. There's also players like Vinnie and Pablo they grow to love the club and adopt the city. But buy and large most players are at a club to play for money and to win medals and trophies. Some may wish to play a certain style or for a manger but when that changes they may well move on.

I don't feel we disagree on Carlos shouldn't have left. Maybe I misread your statement and inferred you meant he didn't try when he played when you said he didn't give a "flying fuck." In any case, have a good weekend.

Look!

Do we trust La Porte(yes) and either Stones or Otamendi(no) to get through the season without letting goals in?

And at 26 years old, his best years are yet to come.

Bite the bullet, pay close to what Leicester want, and sign Maguire.

He’s value isn’t going to go down.

There’s a contrast in styles between the Premier League and Champions League. Most (not all) strikers in England are big, physical and play with their back to goal trying to hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. Most (not all) strikers in the Champions League are small, quick and play on the shoulders of defenders to get in behind trying to exploit big, slow and clumsy defenders (e.g. Maguire).

Maguire might help us in the Premier League but won’t in the Champions League, if anything his size and lack of agility will cause us more problems than it will fix. I would be very surprised if we did sign him but if we do I think it’ll be mainly for the domestic games to give the likes of Laporte a rest before big Champions League games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.