VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Soon managers will have a 'Britain's Got Talent' style buzzer in each dugout that they can press to illuminate a massive "Bullshit" sign in the stadium so the man in the van can double check for them.

We’ve got this to look forward to next season. What have they done?
Football has always been about mistakes, from both players and officials. It’s the jeopardy part that makes football what it is. If it’s as bad as I think it will be, it’ll be my last season next year. Division 3, Stockport, York City, Phil Neal, Alan Ball, Frank Clark, Billy McNeill, Jimmy Frizzel and Stuart Pearce never came close to making me stop going to City for 40+ years. 1 season of VAR and I think I’ll be done.....

VAR is as disastrous as the officials have been historically. Is the game so quick, margins so small, it can never have error free officiating? If so just stick with what we have and end this nonsense.

How has it been disastrous? Any issue you can name with it is down to the use of it and not the technology itself. VAR and its users need to be separated. VAR is a tool, and like any tool it can only be as good as the officials utilising and interpreting it.

VAR is as disastrous as the officials have been historically. Is the game so quick, margins so small, it can never have error free officiating? If so just stick with what we have and end this nonsense.

Not for me. Despite the controversy VAR has got the vast majority of decisions correct. Taking far too long no doubt and IMO I think that's deliberate to try and discredit it, don't fall for it!! It will work in our favour big time long term!!

For all those who are saying "would you rather have a wrong decision" YES I F**KIN WOULD. These millimetre decisions, handball EVERY time it hits the hand, etc etc is an utter farce. Those who can't see it's killing the game how it is at the moments can't have been watching football very long. The argument that if it's offside, it's offside is utter bollox. Let's not forget the VAR technology isn't 100% accurate either - as in cricket - that's why they have umpires call decisions. That Cameroon call, Sterling's goal v spurs (the Aguero offside) etc are too close to say the technology is correct. It's only 90-95% correct so in cricket they give a percentage of leeway - e.g. half a balls width. If football doesn't follow this simple rule then it's going to continue to be an absolute farce. Anyone who can say this is a good thing for football is watching a different game - just in my opinion (which might be wrong as everyone's might) but it's killing the game for me

D9Dxoy.gif

People can handle it fine, the disallowed on is a frozen frame in time, there is no way of knowing when the ball was actually touched, so it should be given, and if you seriously think this is not spoiling football then fair play.

Nope. I don’t think so. I think it’s adding to the entertainment if anything.

Attendance and viewing figures won’t be affected. Just a lot of hot air on forums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.