Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true then in some ways we are as bad as Bayern.
I agree that £80m is over the top and £60m is somewhat more realistic. But getting the player to agitate for a move like we did with Mahrez is a tad hypocritical.
I know it goes on but we can hardly slag Bayern for doing the same imo

I'm sorry, but I missed the bit that said City would ask Harry Maguire to agitate for a move. I could only see the part that said City wouldn't pay £80m.

If this is true then in some ways we are as bad as Bayern.
I agree that £80m is over the top and £60m is somewhat more realistic. But getting the player to agitate for a move like we did with Mahrez is a tad hypocritical.
I know it goes on but we can hardly slag Bayern for doing the same imo

How do you know we are doing that ? Because unlike Bayern, City have not mentioned ANYTHING about this transfer.
It's all media speculation.

I like McGuire. I really do. I think he is faster than most of our fans realize. He is decent with the ball at his feet. He is very tall and can be a supreme asset on Cornerkicks at both ends. He is also a large man, so a good candidate for being an intimidator.

All that said, I will only want him here if Otamendi left.

Frankly, I think we have a Superstar on our books hiding in plain sight.

Give Philippe Sandler a chance. He is the best ball playing defender on the squad. He is quick, decisive and a supremely talented passer for a defender. Him coming out of defense with the ball is Debryune-like in aggression.

Giive Phillipe A chance Pep. Let the fantastic scouting work it's magic.

I like McGuire. I really do. I think he is faster than most of our fans realize. He is decent with the ball at his feet. He is very tall and can be a supreme asset on Cornerkicks at both ends. He is also a large man, so a good candidate for being an intimidator.

All that said, I will only want him here if Otamendi left.

Frankly, I think we have a Superstar on our books hiding in plain sight.

Give Philippe Sandler a chance. He is the best ball playing defender on the squad. He is quick, decisive and a supremely talented passer for a defender. Him coming out of defense with the ball is Debryune-like in aggression.

Giive Phillipe A chance Pep. Let the fantastic scouting work it's magic.

It looks like otamendi wants to leave but were looking for someone to replace vinny. It wouldn't be the best idea to put the pressure of replacing kompany on some kid no matter how talented (unless de light levels) so we need to sign someone who can replace him. Personally i think we should be going for koudably but i understand that dealing with napoli is a nightmare and not worth doing so who knows who we will end up signing.

It looks like otamendi wants to leave but were looking for someone to replace vinny. It wouldn't be the best idea to put the pressure of replacing kompany on some kid no matter how talented (unless de light levels) so we need to sign someone who can replace him. Personally i think we should be going for koudably but i understand that dealing with napoli is a nightmare and not worth doing so who knows who we will end up signing.
That's the fallacy. We are not trying to replace Kompany. Kompany had a great final stanza. But for a significant portion of the last 2 years he was an injury laden third choice Centerback.

Yes, he stepped up big in the run in. Was in form and healthy. But that wasn't Kompany for the majority of the 3 years of Pep.

We are at a crossroad. Unsure whether John can step up and takeover as the leader and starter we've seen in flashes or are we going to need to find a new starter.

I'm saying we should trust that John who we've seen play fantastic football in spurts over 2 seasons, can. And if he gets injured, I have faith in Sandler's ability to step up to the plate and succeed. The only issue is will we have an experienced backup in Ota' or not.

If we do, then I'd say skip on Maguire and nuture this talented player already on our roster. He's got everything a CB in a Pep team needs.

That's the fallacy. We are not trying to replace Kompany. Kompany had a great final stanza. But for a significant portion of the last 2 years he was an injury laden third choice Centerback.

Yes, he stepped up big in the run in. Was in form and healthy. But that wasn't Kompany for the majority of the 3 years of Pep.

We are at a crossroad. Unsure whether John can step up and takeover as the leader and starter we've seen in flashes or are we going to need to find a new starter.

I'm saying we should trust that John who we've seen play fantastic football in spurts over 2 seasons, can. And if he gets injured, I have faith in Sandler's ability to step up to the plate and succeed. The only issue is will we have an experienced backup in Ota' or not.

If we do, then I'd say skip on Maguire and nuture this talented player already on our roster. He's got everything a CB in a Pep team needs.
What we need is someone to occupy that centre back spot next to laporte and pep clearly doesn't trust stones in the big games or when it really counts as he showed at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.