How many here are multilingual?

I can speak Spanish. My level is B1 lower intermediate but I am still practising daily and listen to Spanish podcasts, watch YouTube videos in Spanish etc. I hope to be at a decent level in a couple more years.

Not me, but my wife was brought up in Brazil and speaks fluent Portuguese. I tell her to get a job as a translator for City players.

Last edited:
Im not fluent in any, but I have a reasonable grasp of German and Spanish, and a bit of French and Italian too. Wouldn't be able to maintain a conversation but I understand quite a bit, particularly when it's written down.

Keep thinking about trying to become fluent in Spanish but just never got round to it.

The fish sauce thread had me thinking who can speak mpre than one language on here?

I can speak enough laotion-thai to get by when there but couldn't do a full speech to an audience amd used to be able to write it really well but not needed to for 6-7 years so an rusty.

When I lived in jersey I learnt a little portuguese to get by but that was 13 years ago and cannot really remember most of it.

I can however swear in polish, fench, italian, german and thai pretty fluently.

So anyone multilingial on here?

F***** in hell
you're able to get by in laotion-thai ( issan ) ?
mister ,you're a better man than I,i gave up quite literally 10-15 years ago when going to thailand,as you know its tonal and saying the correct word wrong tonally means summert else !
my mrs in a bad mood the other day informed me Iv been pronouncing her name incorrectly these last 15 years !
Iv been going there since 1989 and Iv never ever been able to be understood in LOS.

F***** in hell
you're able to get by in laotion-thai ( issan ) ?
mister ,you're a better man than I,i gave up quite literally 10-15 years ago when going to thailand,as you know its tonal and saying the correct word wrong tonally means summert else !
my mrs in a bad mood the other day informed me Iv been pronouncing her name incorrectly these last 15 years !
Iv been going there since 1989 and Iv never ever been able to be understood in LOS.

As I said not fluent and I am very rusty tbf, wouldn't be able to hold a full conversation nowadays but know what the fuck they are waffling on about, but when I was over there for a more than a year and stayed mainly in udon I could converse quite well in the end and comprehend the jist of telly shows.

The neighbours used to cal me farang lao when going to the village shop in my flip flops and pa kao ma, long time ago now and think my brain has stored away the language for more pressing needs and haven't spoke it conversationally for years but reckon I could pick it up again if I moved back.

I knew a bloke who was fluent and wrecked my head when he starteed as he talked fast and much better than I ever could
The writing I tried but gave up early doors.

Also on the tonal they used to love taking the piss put of how I pronounced some words that turned them into rude ones or made the sentance sound stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.