Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt the club are taking the same view as some that Ferna as back up would be enough with what we have. They’ll be judging players on CL semi’s and finals. Would we want Ferna at CB in a CL final?

Not saying Maguire is the answer but think that’s probably what the club are looking for. Especially with a potential ban looming.

If it is Maguire this could rumble on with rags putting in increased offers which Leicester will lap up but Maguire not agreeing personal terms if set on a move to us.

I think we need to get him , we would strengthen the spine of the team with Rodri as well, just need to find a replacement for Aguero as soon as we can next .

He's good but nowhere near 80 million good.

I truly think there are better examples out there for less. How much would Kompany of cost in todays rates?? Pure bargain.

Not if we have to pay over £80m it isn't, and no I don't care about the money either as its not mine, but that doesn't mean we have to be ripped off.
I wouldn't want to lose the player though. He would make quite an impact at City.

TBH unless Utd walk away, I can't really see it happening as it will go to £75m to £80m. The sensible thing would be to line up more than one deal, which is probably what we are doing. It would not surprise me if Utd do exactly the same thing with the same player.

Depends on how seriously City want him. I would make him a priority because he's dominant in the air and we are not, and he can play too. Very good fit and would make City very strong defensively for years to come. I like Ake too, but the best target with least risk is Maguire imo.

I agree & I would sign him now. I’m really surprised this position has not been sorted already. Makes me think we are not that interested as I don’t think we are in a position to waste time,

I don’t get the opinion he’s not good for us. There isn’t many options he’s British & young. The value in the football market is all over and we all know that. Give it another 2 seasons he will be a £100m player. No, not worth it but that’s the way it is with British players. He would also hit the ground running & not many can do that in this league.

I’m surprised it’s not a done deal. If we don’t sort this position & a fern replacement it will allow other teams to get closer to us. We need to really push on now & dominate.

If pep really wanted him I think it would be a done deal already.

I’m happy with who ever pep gets!

Just don't think he will improve us enough to warrant splashing 80 Mill. It's an obscene amount.
Look at the entire transfer market. Central defender is a key position in a club.

Looking at BBC Gossip for tonight's papers, there's a few stories linking Utd to Umtiti.

If were them I'd go elsewhere as there's a very high chance that if City are determined to get Maguire then the player will choose City over Utd.

Aké attacking and defensive contribution both better than Maguire's, but what Maguire has the advantage of because of that size is his ability to easily shrug off players and carry the ball, he rarely passes back, very forward thinking player and no nonsense at times (although he also gets dispossessed more number of times than Aké, and obviously isn't as agile or fast as him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.