Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we could see a player going the other way ? Maybe £65m + somebody like Delph ? I can see Delph at Leicester if I’m honest.

Would that make the deal less offensive financially to us fans.

To be honest, I can see us paying that amount. He's English, half decent, plus Pep & Txiki must like him if we opened our bidding at more than we paid for Mahrez. If you think about it, for an attack minded coach, Pep's spent a shit load on defenders and seems to have prioritised them since he came here.

Wasn't it only 21 goals conceded in the league last year? Championships are won with a strong defence, it's the reason Liverpool's fortunes changed after spending a world record fee on VVD. Kompany's gone and we need a defensive powerhouse and leader, however try as I might I can't think of a better option for us right now who's proven, available and British.
I agree & I would sign him now. I’m really surprised this position has not been sorted already. Makes me think we are not that interested as I don’t think we are in a position to waste time,

I don’t get the opinion he’s not good for us. There isn’t many options he’s British & young. The value in the football market is all over and we all know that. Give it another 2 seasons he will be a £100m player. No, not worth it but that’s the way it is with British players. He would also hit the ground running & not many can do that in this league.

I’m surprised it’s not a done deal. If we don’t sort this position & a fern replacement it will allow other teams to get closer to us. We need to really push on now & dominate.

If pep really wanted him I think it would be a done deal already.

I’m happy with who ever pep gets!
I agree with you on this, if City and Pep really wanted him there would have been more noise, its too quiet for City to be serious about this guy, have we even put in a bid yet.

I agree with you on this, if City and Pep really wanted him there would have been more noise, its too quiet for City to be serious about this guy, have we even put in a bid yet.
The only thing we know for certain is Kompany has left, & we're a senior CB short. Stones has been shaky, & Otamendi is 32 next birthday. It makes sense that we're looking at a replacement CB. Maguire being English is also a bonus.

Nothing has come from City (it never does), but the media claim that Leicester have reported we've made offers of £60, £65 & £70m. However the last part is pure speculation. This is all we know.

Does Maguire know this guy ? ....... has Harry met Sane ?

leroy-sane.jpg

Aké attacking and defensive contribution both better than Maguire's, but what Maguire has the advantage of because of that size is his ability to easily shrug off players and carry the ball, he rarely passes back, very forward thinking player and no nonsense at times (although he also gets dispossessed more number of times than Aké, and obviously isn't as agile or fast as him).

Source for your several outlandish claims?

Harry maguire is a very good defender, but for prob £75/80m, you want the best defender ever!!! not thats its any of his fault the price tag, my own opinion is he’d be a good signing, but that price tag is scary :-/

The only thing we know for certain is Kompany has left, & we're a senior CB short. Stones has been shaky, & Otamendi is 32 next birthday. It makes sense that we're looking at a replacement CB. Maguire being English is also a bonus.

Nothing has come from City (it never does), but the media claim that Leicester have reported we've made offers of £60, £65 & £70m. However the last part is pure speculation. This is all we know.
Since watching sky iv never seen a headline saying Leicester have turned down City bid of x amount for Maguire, have you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.