Jose Cifuentes

If we do sign him, will probably loan him to Celtic straight away.

This has Marlos Moreno part 2 written all over it.

Some of these moves will work out, others wont. Moreno probably didn't cost us anything after loan fees are taken into account, and if one in 10 makes it big then the club either saves itself a massive amount or makes a big profit.

To be honest the only move I really don't like from the club is Douglas Luiz, as they should have known he'd not get a permit and could have kept him in Brazil for a year which would have gotten him into the Brazil team and after that a permit would be forthcoming. Or they could have paid a bit more and the permit would be automatic.

Some of these moves will work out, others wont. Moreno probably didn't cost us anything after loan fees are taken into account, and if one in 10 makes it big then the club either saves itself a massive amount or makes a big profit.

To be honest the only move I really don't like from the club is Douglas Luiz, as they should have known he'd not get a permit and could have kept him in Brazil for a year which would have gotten him into the Brazil team and after that a permit would be forthcoming. Or they could have paid a bit more and the permit would be automatic.

I'd imagine the club might have expected Douglas Luiz to be sold for a profit with or without having played for City, and having him in la liga would have increased the exposure. They maybe wouldn't have expected the lad's qualities (and lack of available players to provide cover for dinho) to sway pep to want him among the first team as soon as last season, but its good they tried. Sends a message to other young players.

He is not the first player they would have taken a risk with re work permit, enes unal was another (sold for a healty profit, unfortunately doesnt seem to have kicked on from there) and i'm sure there will be more.

The one i dont get is roberts (whom we are officially reported to have signed for 2m, and not 12m as many papers casually throw about), showed great promise, of either moving to a prem league side for a profit or getting a shot at being around the first team, then got loaned to girona which was a step backwards. Then had contract extended and loaned again.

At the end of the day, they all count and stack up. We Know that Liverpool are able to finance all their (ALL THEIR!!) transfers with coutinho money. Yes, they sold 1 player for circa 140m. We sold 12 youth players at an average of 12m a pop, and had the same 'kitty' to work with. Liverpool obviously don't need to rely on such antics, as ALL their players are home grown, brought through the club's youth system and all from within a 30 mile radius of Anfield, so they've never had to buy in foreign stars or ever spend any money. But other big clubs do it regularly. Chelsea have been doing it for a while, with over 30 players out on loan at any given time over the last 5 seasons. Not many, if any, made it into the first team, but they probably all made the club some money. And when one does, it'll be seen as a success of the scouting system.

I'd imagine the club might have expected Douglas Luiz to be sold for a profit with or without having played for City, and having him in la liga would have increased the exposure. They maybe wouldn't have expected the lad's qualities (and lack of available players to provide cover for dinho) to sway pep to want him among the first team as soon as last season, but its good they tried. Sends a message to other young players.

He is not the first player they would have taken a risk with re work permit, enes unal was another (sold for a healty profit, unfortunately doesnt seem to have kicked on from there) and i'm sure there will be more.

The one i dont get is roberts (whom we are officially reported to have signed for 2m, and not 12m as many papers casually throw about), showed great promise, of either moving to a prem league side for a profit or getting a shot at being around the first team, then got loaned to girona which was a step backwards. Then had contract extended and loaned again.

At the end of the day, they all count and stack up. We Know that Liverpool are able to finance all their (ALL THEIR!!) transfers with coutinho money. Yes, they sold 1 player for circa 140m. We sold 12 youth players at an average of 12m a pop, and had the same 'kitty' to work with. Liverpool obviously don't need to rely on such antics, as ALL their players are home grown, brought through the club's youth system and all from within a 30 mile radius of Anfield, so they've never had to buy in foreign stars or ever spend any money. But other big clubs do it regularly. Chelsea have been doing it for a while, with over 30 players out on loan at any given time over the last 5 seasons. Not many, if any, made it into the first team, but they probably all made the club some money. And when one does, it'll be seen as a success of the scouting system.

City’s model is to sign 3 players each summer, player A is going straight in to the first team, player B is a potential we loan out with the plan to make either a profit or keep around if he exceeds expectations. Player C is a youth product again who we will loan but intend to keep. It’s the Bayern model & when Pep signed the club said it’s how we’d function going forward in the transfer windows.

Luiz was our Player C, he was supposed to sign & learn from Fernandinho in the hope he’d take over that roll. However, EUFA & the FA despite international requests by Brazil to let him gain a permit, we have been screwed over there’s. They wanted him this summer but again no chance of a work permit. We’ll see if the club persist & continue to develop him until he gets one of cut our losses & insert a buy-back.

Roberts... I read a lot about this & overtime it winds me up more & more. We purchased the lad for more than £2m with the promise to him directly & Fulham that he’d train with the first team & be developed in to a first team product. He agreed to go on loan to gain experience then it went pear shaped as City screwed him over! He was made promise after promise that was then ignored. Despite all this the lad has signed a new contract... why? Because despite being a Liverpool fan all his life (his immediate family all are) he’s fallen in love with City & wants to prove to certain people he CAN make it as a first team regular if given the chance. How do I know? I’m related to the lad.. Just on the Manc & sensible City side of the family.

We are a business & people need to realise we buy a lot of these kids to make a profit, it’s just imperative the club don’t lie to them about their chances. Granted I think that’s past now the likes of Patrick’s story are in the history books, we are a much better set up now.

City’s model is to sign 3 players each summer, player A is going straight in to the first team, player B is a potential we loan out with the plan to make either a profit or keep around if he exceeds expectations. Player C is a youth product again who we will loan but intend to keep. It’s the Bayern model & when Pep signed the club said it’s how we’d function going forward in the transfer windows.

Luiz was our Player C, he was supposed to sign & learn from Fernandinho in the hope he’d take over that roll. However, EUFA & the FA despite international requests by Brazil to let him gain a permit, we have been screwed over there’s. They wanted him this summer but again no chance of a work permit. We’ll see if the club persist & continue to develop him until he gets one of cut our losses & insert a buy-back.

Roberts... I read a lot about this & overtime it winds me up more & more. We purchased the lad for more than £2m with the promise to him directly & Fulham that he’d train with the first team & be developed in to a first team product. He agreed to go on loan to gain experience then it went pear shaped as City screwed him over! He was made promise after promise that was then ignored. Despite all this the lad has signed a new contract... why? Because despite being a Liverpool fan all his life (his immediate family all are) he’s fallen in love with City & wants to prove to certain people he CAN make it as a first team regular if given the chance. How do I know? I’m related to the lad.. Just on the Manc & sensible City side of the family.

We are a business & people need to realise we buy a lot of these kids to make a profit, it’s just imperative the club don’t lie to them about their chances. Granted I think that’s past now the likes of Patrick’s story are in the history books, we are a much better set up now.
Thanks for the insight. Looks like the lad Jose is about to sign and go out on loan in Croatia. All these players come into our reckoning given potential transfer ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.