Jose Cifuentes

The one i dont get is roberts (whom we are officially reported to have signed for 2m, and not 12m as many papers casually throw about), showed great promise, of either moving to a prem league side for a profit or getting a shot at being around the first team, then got loaned to girona which was a step backwards. Then had contract extended and loaned again.
Not a chance Fulham let him go for £2mil.

Not a chance Fulham let him go for £2mil.

Why not? 2m for a youth player of a non prem league team is about right, particularly pre neymar inflation.

That was the figure reported. not just BBC, a couple more. i think it said 'could rise by up to 10m'. seeing how he never featured for us or won trophies with us, i doubt the bonuses will kick in?

Why not? 2m for a youth player of a non prem league team is about right, particularly pre neymar inflation.

That was the figure reported. not just BBC, a couple more. i think it said 'could rise by up to 10m'. seeing how he never featured for us or won trophies with us, i doubt the bonuses will kick in?

On transfermarkt.co.uk a fee of £6.48m is stated for Roberts joining City.
Sounds more realistic to me.

No idea about Cifuentes though.

Maybe not but a highly talented English player in a team expected to be in the mix for promotion wouldn't go for 2mil, even including bonuses. Or at least shouldn't.

Maybe not but a highly talented English player in a team expected to be in the mix for promotion wouldn't go for 2mil, even including bonuses. Or at least shouldn't.
Maybe the bonuses are very simple to achieve and that's why he's been loaned out, so we don't magnify his fee many times before we know it is likely he might make it?

Watched this kid tonight and it’s so clear he’s above the rest the rest of the team. Very young newly promoted team that’s back in the first division for the first time in over 30 years. But still he was a cut above the rest. Was box to box tonight and showed off his technical ability, great vision and a few tricks to get out of danger. If he was indeed to become a CFG signing I wouldn’t ship him to a Croatian squad as rumored but send him to Girona where I think he could develop more and shine.

I see reports that you have made an offer for him. He had talked about coming to us but when I read you were in for him any hope I had of getting him went.

Not that I had high hopes to begin with. It’s also been floated you would loan him out to a Croatian team immediately.

He definitely looks a player, but he wouldn’t get a game for you now I don’t think.

We could have used him but it was a non starter from the off for us to secure him. If he’s as good as they say then he would have had loads of offers from teams in better leagues who could pay more even if City weren’t interested.

Ah well.

I see reports that you have made an offer for him. He had talked about coming to us but when I read you were in for him any hope I had of getting him went.

Not that I had high hopes to begin with. It’s also been floated you would loan him out to a Croatian team immediately.

He definitely looks a player, but he wouldn’t get a game for you now I don’t think.

We could have used him but it was a non starter from the off for us to secure him. If he’s as good as they say then he would have had loads of offers from teams in better leagues who could pay more even if City weren’t interested.

Ah well.
There’s not loads of offers for players coming out of Ecuador. News is that we’ve had a prior agreement with the player. Also the latest news is that this a a big deal for Ecuadorian football and will kick things off as far as players from the U20 team making moves abroad.

Ah well.

He says he spent time learning to understand English, for fucks sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.