Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it be maguire or ake, if we go into next season with stones, otamendi and Laporte as our only senior centre backs we will not be able to compete on all 4 fronts. If Laporte got injured we would be in huge trouble against the top sides both in Europe and in the league.

Not to mention the probable ban we are likely facing could mean we go 2 seasons with these cb options, that does not fill me with confidence.

I am happy if we are not in for Harry Maguire. With the loss of Kompany we have a lack of height in defence so are susceptible to set pieces. However, it is crazy value for a bit better Joleon Lescott Mk2? We do not need to make overpriced, compromise signings any more.

I’m not convinced that he or even VVD fit in to the City style. Both good stoppers but we have Laporte and Stones (if he sorts himself out) who offer far more in Peps style. The same way that Ederson is better for City than DDG or Alisson because he adds much more than shot stopping.

Silly money touted for Maguire when we can move to a back three and Fernandinho and Rodri are capable of playing CB with a view to bringing a young player through in the next couple of years. Good signing for United.

Whether it be maguire or ake, if we go into next season with stones, otamendi and Laporte as our only senior centre backs we will not be able to compete on all 4 fronts. If Laporte got injured we would be in huge trouble against the top sides both in Europe and in the league.

Not to mention the probable ban we are likely facing could mean we go 2 seasons with these cb options, that does not fill me with confidence.
I really do believe we are good enough at the back to cope in the premier league and win it comfortably this year even if we don’t sign another CB.. champions league would be difficult to achieve but tbh I’m not really arsed about winning that just yet, I’d rather win 3 premier league titles on the bounce for sure.. just doubt Mr Mansour feels the same.

I am happy if we are not in for Harry Maguire. With the loss of Kompany we have a lack of height in defence so are susceptible to set pieces. However, it is crazy value for a bit better Joleon Lescott Mk2? We do not need to make overpriced, compromise signings any more.

I’m not convinced that he or even VVD fit in to the City style. Both good stoppers but we have Laporte and Stones (if he sorts himself out) who offer far more in Peps style. The same way that Ederson is better for City than DDG or Alisson because he adds much more than shot stopping.

Silly money touted for Maguire when we can move to a back three and Fernandinho and Rodri are capable of playing CB with a view to bringing a young player through in the next couple of years. Good signing for United.

Anything that is good for those cûnts is bad news and extremely disappointing.

Hopefully he’ll sign for us, or stay at Leicester.

If he ends up at the shit I hope he turns out to be absolutely fucking useless, with calamitous own goals and lack of pace leaving them exposed.

I really do believe we are good enough at the back to cope in the premier league and win it comfortably this year even if we don’t sign another CB.. champions league would be difficult to achieve but tbh I’m not really arsed about winning that just yet, I’d rather win 3 premier league titles on the bounce for sure.. just doubt Mr Mansour feels the same.

Surely Sheikh Mansour, Txiki, Khaldoon and most importantly Pep must also think we need a third top class centre back.

We simply play too many games to start Stones and Laporte every game, and beyond those two no-one fills me with confidence against a pacy, skilful attack.

Doesn’t need to be Maguire, Ake would do, or Alderweireld possibly, even if just to give one of the others a break without too much drop in standard. Fern is not a centre back, nor is Walker, not against decent opposition.

Last edited:
The incompotent pricks will massively distort the market if they do end up paying any figure over 80 mill. We'll end up having clubs pricing actual world class talents at 120 mill+.

Kinda hope that their money sucking owners advise against it and stick with the trash they already have tbh.

I completely understand our stance but I think we will regret this one too be honest.
We need some centre back cover and we shouldn't need to rely on Fernandinho in emergencies.
Overall very dissapointing were losing out to the Rags on him, really thought we would sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.