Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Think the reserve day is Friday.
However forecasted rain for that day too.
So yeah we will be out.

Most wins come in to play? Rain effected match will help the Ausies imo. Hoping for a full game but a shit luck would that be, all eng games went smoothly to find out the semis being effected by rain

Before the India game I said we needed to win the next 4 coin tosses and we'll win the World Cup. If we bat first it's pretty much impossible to chase the scores we put down.

Anyone know the last times we did bat first and lost in ODIs?

Champions Trophy 2017 semi final vs Pakistan, got bowled out for 200 i think, might be a few more after that but cant think of others.

Knockout dynamics are different, England just can't go hay wire from the start, if it's a 50 over game, they should be careful in initial overs atleast. Don't make the mistake which Nz did against Ausies in last WC final and end up with a mediocre target.

You can't introduce that in the middle of the tournament but it's something England should address in future. Ausies did it way back and games went smoothly.

That stadium is more for Aussie Rules football I believe. It just happens to be played on a pitch sort of similar to a cricket pitch.

The only stadium we have that's similar is the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Which has seen some cricket of sorts called 'power cricket'

Here's Afridi hitting a 12 there...

It's really not the right shape for cricket though and we'll never see a full sized cricket ground with a roof unless cricket becomes massively more popular here.

That stadium is more for Aussie Rules football I believe. It just happens to be played on a pitch sort of similar to a cricket pitch.

The only stadium we have that's similar is the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. Which has seen some cricket of sorts called 'power cricket'

Here's Afridi hitting a 12 there...

It's really not the right shape for cricket though and we'll never see a full sized cricket ground with a roof unless cricket becomes massively more popular here.

This wasn't even a proper cricket match tbf and dimensions as you pointed out are wrong. However, when we played Ausies in early 2000s, ground had proper dimensions, it swung and seamed appreciably but at least was a proper game. Both teams won 1 each with final played without the roof at a different stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.