Top Gear is back

After years of avoiding it due to the presenters,i think the current line up is far better.They are refreshing and watchable,i'm really enjoying this new format.

Reactions: mat
I wasnt watching but it was on in my house while I was potching in the kitchen, which I think made it even worse. Paddy McGuinness is nothing more than a professional loud, shouty and overly affected Bolton accent. What an annoying bloke
I don't watch Top Gear. Haven't done since I was a kid. But as irritating as Paddy McGuinness can be, he's one of the few notable regional accents left in mainstream British TV, so for as long as he's there the rest of us Northerners stand a chance.

I wasnt watching but it was on in my house while I was potching in the kitchen, which I think made it even worse. Paddy McGuinness is nothing more than a professional loud, shouty and overly affected Bolton accent. What an annoying bloke

Pretty much how he comes over to me. He's not really funny, and plays up.
Flintoff appears to be amiable enough and having a laugh at his own expense, but only having one person (Harris) who actually knows anything at all about cars has reduced its Car Show to almost nothing. Now it's "Two or three blokes prat about somewhere". The last episode might as well have been a Borneo special.

Add in that they've only managed 5 episodes, and I can't see this trio lasting.

McGuinness, and even more so Flintoff are like your worst nightmare rugby union club boors on a night out.
Their Bantz would empty a pub/restaurant in minutes.

Pair of fucking morons.

Watched 1st one last night with my wife. Though it was watchable, quite funny in parts but it definitely had a hint of trying too hard to attract a younger and even female audience (hence my wife actually wanting to watch it).

Not a patch on Clarkson, may & Hammond in my opinion.

I do like that there's a strong northern influence though.

Pretty much how he comes over to me. He's not really funny, and plays up.
Flintoff appears to be amiable enough and having a laugh at his own expense, but only having one person (Harris) who actually knows anything at all about cars has reduced its Car Show to almost nothing. Now it's "Two or three blokes prat about somewhere". The last episode might as well have been a Borneo special.

Add in that they've only managed 5 episodes, and I can't see this trio lasting.

I also think they have run out of idea's and its become a Clarkson/May/Hammond tribute act repeating their greatest hits -

episode 1 was their first cars in Ethiopia - across deserts and African landscapes - done on several occasions ( source of the Nile, Namibia with Oliver etc etc )
episode 2 was DIY battery cars - done before when they built "Jeff" the battery car - they even repeated the "plug the car in at someones house " gag
episode 3 was build the ultimate family car from a hearse - "modifying " cars - eg the Espace Convertible, The Espace racer and so on were TG staples
episode 4 this week was jungle Top Gear - been done a couple of times
Episode 5 next week they appear to be going to Iceland - again TG done a number of times.

The new presenters are ok - its quite funny but the production team seem to have no original idea's to offer.

Given it 2 watches and to be honest thought the first was OK but then the 2nd went downhill and it's just the same old same old with 2 archetypal northerners and an intelligent sensible one. The Borneo thing was the same as before, it's just that the other 3 had chemistry, wit, utter stupidity and Andy Wilman on their side. Cant wait for the trip to the Antartic magnetic south pole in a reasonably priced 4x4 though.

May as well watch the old ones on Dave and save the beeb some money, they could use it to not fuck over pensioners licence fees

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.