Morgan Rogers | Signed by Middlesbrough

£4m is a hell of a lot up front. Up to £8m with add ons is even more.

For that much money I'd expect he's going to be far along enough that he's training with the first team, getting a cup game or two in January and getting ready to play a small role in 20/21 season - the kind of course Foden was on.
Top sums Sherlock :-)

He is sensational. One of the best English players in his age group.
He was ranked 27th in 50 most exciting teenagers English Football; one spot ahead of Taylor Harwood-Bellis, who was 28th (published in February 2019). The blurb states:
https://www.90min.com/posts/6240719-50-of-the-best-young-players-in-world-football
From what little I've seen from YouTube comps, he doesn't look like he has electric pace. In fact, the opposite. Could just be because he was 15/16 at the time though. But by all accounts, sounds a very promising prospect, especially for his age in comparison to the competitions he plays in.

Last edited:
FFS......rekindled memories our last 'diamond' that turned into a Greek tragedy.

I have more faith here mind :-)
He looks a great prospect, the odd league cup game when he settles in, would be ok for him. Anyway im racking the brain trying to figure out who this "last diamond" was ?

He looks a great prospect, the odd league cup game when he settles in, would be ok for him. Anyway im racking the brain trying to figure out who this "last diamond" was ?

Is this a wind up?
If not the guy in question is Samaras after Stuart Pearce called him a uncut diamond when he signed him.
Hearing Pearce talking about football on TalkSport in the last few years it all makes sense now lol

Is this a wind up?
If not the guy in question is Samaras after Stuart Pearce called him a uncut diamond when he signed him.
Hearing Pearce talking about football on TalkSport in the last few years it all makes sense now lol
Yeah all makes sense now, Greek tragedy Samaras, but it is 3 in the morning mate and iv been working since 8pm, so my head is a little foggy.

Important not to be too hyped about him yet. He is physically more mature than his peers at 15 and 16 years of age. I'd like to see how he does this season with the U21s. If he can stand out there after just turning 17, then we have a really Sancho-like prospect.

Important not to be too hyped about him yet. He is physically more mature than his peers at 15 and 16 years of age. I'd like to see how he does this season with the U21s. If he can stand out there after just turning 17, then we have a really Sancho-like prospect.
In terms of a prodigious talent you mean? because he is nothing like Sancho in terms of style/skill set.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.