Nationalisation..

malg

Well, the Shadow Chancellor said it's happening if they get in. He reckons people are sick of being ripped off. He's not going to pay the market rates to put them back into public ownership.

I can see it being a vote winner with some.

So, what do you reckon? I think there would be a huge legal battle over the price.

Yes we should in my opinion
Some on here will say no we shouldn't.
A senseless load or arguements to start on here very soon
This will be moved to politics more likely.

Infrastructure should be state owned includung energy, transport and some industry.

Water supplies and sanitation should be free and provided as part of our taxation not a seperate bill.

As for price a government can take control and compensate similar to compulsary purchase councils do to property if they make it law

Last edited:
Well, the Shadow Chancellor said it's happening if they get in. He reckons people are sick of being ripped off. He's not going to pay the market rates to put them back into public ownership.

I can see it being a vote winner with some.

So, what do you reckon? I think there would be a huge legal battle over the price.
Certain things lend themselves to nationalisation, and I do think the railways is one. Seeing as the routes are franchised by private companies the cost of nationalising shouldn't be drastic, as long as it was done over time and not pushed through immediately

However I'd be against nationalisation in other sectors for the sake of it. There needs to be a clear justfication for doing it.

Don't think there's any chance of Labour getting in though with Corbyn at the helm.

It's a plausible idea on paper but not a cat in hell's chance of it happening, it's just a typical opposition sound bite to gauge public reaction.... Labour won't be in power until Corbyn and his crony are long gone ... Aside from what I've just said, it would take donkeys years to sort out....

There is no doubt that we are all paying more for less and it's getting worse year on year but I just can't see re-nationalisation happening, something does need doing though to curb the fat cats fucking us over ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.