Who Will Fill Our Home Grown Hole?

Ake is the obvious answer to me. Might not set the world alight but he doesn’t need to. There’s nothing wrong with a bit of a stop gap. If he can provide a solid 3/4th choice option for a few years then he will have provided good value.

Delph has departed so there is a first team squad vacancy that can only be filled by a locally trained high quality player.
Unlikely to be Maguire now so who else should we be looking at? Ake, Zaha, Sessegnon.....

I think Pep would do wonders with Zaha.

However he's not what we need right now and the cost would be ridiculous.

So nobody required now?
Why buy for the sake of it? There’s not a single English/homegrown player available who would significantly improve our starting team. Maybe Chilwell is good enough but we’ve got enough at left back. TAA is definitely good enough but no chance Liverpool would sell to us. Maybe Ake as a squad player if we want a fourth CB.

Personally I’d wait until there’s someone we actually want and is available, otherwise you’re just wasting money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.